Ultra-light AR Barrels

family guy

Planning to build a light weight AR with 20" barrel. Looking for suggestions on were to get a thin/light weight .223 20" barrel no compensator, blue or stainless O.K. I understand wait times could be long and that fine.

You need to contact some of our sponsors on the forum..We have some really good smiths when it comes to building ARs and I'm sure one of them can supply you with a quality barrel...

Very few barrel makers will make one in a short(for caliber) lightweight form. The only one I found when I wanted a slim profiled, lightweight(fluted), 20" barrel in .204 Ruger was Hart.

The people over at Black Hole have been REALLY helpful and friendly to me. I'd bet that if they don't have one as thin as you want, they'd make one for you.

I just built a new one with a dpms upper rec and a cavalry arms poly lower. 18" .264lbc stainless ARP barrel. this gun with scope is so light!!! you can hold it by the grip straight armed like nothing!!!

Not sure if ARP has the length you're looking for but I love my 16" lightweight! Shoots lights out, light, and just great quality in general. Highly recommend.

Back