More Bad Luck

Alaskan Wolfer

Last night, just before sunset, me and thar family were coming home from the neice's birthday party. When I was a mile from home I crossed the Anchor River and looked down river. 200 yards below the bridge, there was a coyote just sitting on the ice. Easy shot (if I could shoot there) Dang thing was smack dab in the park and I was in the road.
I went up the road and took a look at him from up on the hill. Now about 400 yards. Still a doable shot but still in the darn park. I tried to squeak him on to private land but he wasn't budg'n. AW

I wouldnt mind see a few predators around. To me it sounds like you are seeing quite a few. I did see a coyote also last week at the rifle range. I was set up to pop him too! Too bad thats not allowed in anchorage!

Any way, I think your luck will start changing since your starting to see them. Thats discouraging though that that coyote wouldnt even budge. Ive often wondered how many of them heard my calls but didnt answer.

On kodiak, if they wouldnt come in 5 minutes, they werent coming or they werent there!

Back