any southeast alaskans?

zackshrum

hello all at pm. i'm new and like the site and all of your input. is there anyone out there that predator hunts in southeast alaska? i'm living in juneau (damn the greenies, and damn the city!) for the winter for work, but will be hunting the chilkat valley for a week over christmas. i've called a few varmints in tx, but recently moved to alaska a year ago...love the state to say the least. any help getting started here would be appreciated, especially regarding southeast.

varmint weapon of choice: interarms mark x with 22 inch medium heavy barrel, with leaupold 3x9. good hunting to all.

Welcome to the Board!
I live in Anchorage, but travel with my job quite a bit to the Southeast, mainly Sitka. I don't know much about hunting Juneau, I just wanted to warn you, you may want to take some big firepower certain times of the year because of the bigger predators (Brown Bear).What all kinds of predators do they have in Juneau? Sitka, at least there on the road system, doesn't seem to have anything but deer and brown bear. Good Luck!

definitely aware of the bears. i've seen wolf sign and heard coyotes on douglas island, right across a bridge from juneau, while deer hunting. and may try to find a few deer kills to call around for wolves and yotes. we'll see.

Gents,

I'm new to both this site, and predator hunting. But, I do live in Sitka, so I thought I'd chime in here first.

There are no wolfs around here that I've ever heard about. I was thinking that a trip over to Kuiu Island would be good for calling in a wolf or two.

Back