Annealing Cases

Nope! it dont matter... BUT make sure you do it after
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyI also would suggest doing it after.

wink.gif

+++ I like to resize after annealing.At the price of brass annealing is almost a necessity.

Don't know how you are doing this, but I decap and resize first, not so much as to sizing, but the decapping aspect. I do this because I anneal by firing up the lead pot, getting the alloy to about 560 degrees, and then dipping the cases into the alloy to the point where I want the anneal ring. Wait until my fingers start to get hot holding the case heads, and then drop them into a bucket of water at me feet.

Be careful not to get water in the lead, or any other impurities.

But you may have a better way.

Last edited:
Recently I have been using the candle method. Hold the brass by the head with your fingers while rotating the neck/ shoulder area in the tip of a candle flame. When the brass starts to get too hot to hold just put it down and go to the next one. Seems to work- drawback is soot on the case which I take off with a few twists using 4/0 steel wool.

Ive done that method too.

It amazes me how a freshly ejected round from my AR is about as hot, dern things will burn you, especially if the guy next to you ejects one and it sticks to your neck while on the firing line.

300 pcs new 17 Rem brass straight out of the package and annealed and primer pockets uniformed. Waiting on my dies before doing any other prep.
brass_zps10cc08f8.jpg

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOG300 pcs new 17 Rem brass straight out of the package and annealed and primer pockets uniformed. Waiting on my dies before doing any other prep.
brass_zps10cc08f8.jpg

Now that's COOL !
thumbup1.gif

Back