Bolt Action AR / NY Law

thats why I was thinking of a Bolt Action. I saw a video on You Tube of an AR with side bolt. Looked like it worked pretty good. It would also tick off all the Anti's since they wouldn't understand why its legal and I don't have to regester it. I do have a Rem model 7 in .223 that works great but there are many accesories available for the AR. Its interesting, I looked up Rugers site for the Mini 14. The Ranch Rifle is legal in NY but the Tactical version with pistol grip is not. They are the same rifle!!!

To the current residents of my former state: Get out of NY if you can. You cannot whip back the tide of stupidity and sheep mentality.

Know that I feel your pain. I left because of the corrupt, nonsensical politicians that exist everywhere in that state. At the time it was real estate taxes, school taxes, building codes, employment and labor disputes. The list goes on.

I'll sign whatever petitions you start.

-Heretic

If I lived in a place where my AR15 HAD to be a single shot, it would be for sale, right now, while the selling is good.

I'll take 1 good bolt action over 5 single shot AR's any day. Just wouldn't see a need in having one.

Colorado may not be far behind NY with the idiots we have running the state.

The entire USA needs a good douching and start over.

Guys shoot bolt action Match Rifle uppers (Space Guns) in Highpower.

Would building an upper on one of those under your new ban work ??

T2000CSIGHT.jpg

Your spending time trying to find a way around the law instead of fighting the law???

Hope you have singed this ??? Because I have and I really don't care for NY but I'm still trying to help you with your gun rights.

I never said i would stop fighting. My problem is i have been trying to buy a stripped lower since before Christmas so i can build an AR. Now the only one that will be legal is a bolt action. It wont be a single shot. I will not go buy an outlawed semi auto. I am wondering how they will handle stripped lowers.

Finding a way around the law is fighting the law,,,,along with signing upteen million petitions and joining every gun organization out there.

Selling is giving up.

Finding away around registration is fighting, once you register you own it for life and it can never be given to a family member if you pass.

Changing to avoid registration also gives me more time to get my affairs in order so moving wont be so traumatic.

Cronus4,Representatives of the people of new york city write and pass laws,Not the people of new york state.So don't think we lay down like sheep and "let" it happen.We're outnumbered in every aspect of the process of enacting laws,Tax law included by politicians that represent the majority.Which happens to be NYC residents.
And for the petition idea,I've lived in NY for 47 years and I have yet to see a petition change a thing,At least not any I payed attention to.I've signed a petition for a dove season 4 times in the last 25 years.Something as widely accepted across the nation and simple as a dove season won't pass.

Last edited:
You have lived there for 47 years and still there even though you don't like the way the state is ran? Kinda seems to me you should have moved along time ago!

4 times in 25 years is not that great! Now 24 times in 25 years is what it should have been.

No one said it was going to be a easy battle, but I have seen so many NYer's already placing blame on the NRA and everyone else for not stopping the law. Finding away around the law is not fighting it! Standing your ground is! Stop worrying about how to make the guns for the laws and leave that to the gun makers.

Let me ask you guys this. How many times have you called or emailed your representatives? And I mean honestly?
Because if it's anything like your Dove petition I see why your in the boat your in.

Make it a point that every single time you turn on your computer you send a email to every single one them.

Originally Posted By: dmpowder

Let me ask you guys this. How many times have you called or emailed your representatives? And I mean honestly?
Because if it's anything like your Dove petition I see why your in the boat your in.

Make it a point that every single time you turn on your computer you send a email to every single one them.

At least 50 times, realistically probably more. I just received two automated responses in the last two hours. One day I received between ten and fifteen responses from the same representative I have been constantly contacting. I won't stop now, but is that enough? Because we have New York City chocked full of Demoncrats, is it still going to continue to be our fault that we have restrictive gun laws ? You seem to be pretty sure of yourself where the blame lies, the way you put out your blanket accusations of New York residents.

I stopped emailing my representatives, waste of time with most of the scum. The ones who voted no are the ones I am still in contact with because lawsuits are being prepared.

Why didn't I move?simple Wife wouldn't go and we could have moved free through the trade re-ajustment act in 1995 because we both lost our jobs here in N.Y. at the same time.
Email my rep?I talk to George Maziarz My senator on occasion.He voted no as I knew he would just like my assembly women Jane Corwin did.I geuss being from somewhere else you didn't understand N.Y. politics.One more time,New York City has more political power than the ENTIRE state.
How many times should a petition go around?Dove season failed twice.
How many petitins have you had success with in Colorado and what was the outcome?I asked for examples but I don't see any from those who are full of advice.
As far as I'm concerned pettitions are peoples big talk and bring no results.Like I said name one that changed a law.The Bradey Bill expired.Or are you telling me emails and petitions from Colarado caused it to be revoked?
Now that you mentioned it where was the NRA?Then or now?

Quote:Your spending time trying to find a way around the law instead of fighting the law???

Why is it that every time someone from Newyorkistan asks a question they get a similar response? As if we are not doing anything because we ask a valid question? Guys, we are doing everything possible. We are signing petitions, we are NRA members, we have contacted our reps and attended rallies. What is that you would have us do next? Shoud we quit our jobs and travel to Albany and camp out on the capital steps demanding our rights? I don't get the attitude of those not in our position. Thany you for doing what you can to help us, we appreciate it. We don't appreciate the implication that we are doing nothing while a guy in Colorado has to fight for us while we fret on the internet.

You're right, Steve, it seems like some will look for any reason to tell us "New Yorkers" what we're doing wrong, and not doing, as if they really know what they're talking about. I'm sure you don't need to be "schooled" anymore than the rest of us New Yorkers.

I feel for you guys in New York. Not sure what I would do in that position but if it came down to having to live with a bolt operated ar or a regular bolt gun I think I'd sell my AR and buy a decent bolt gun. I don't think I could enjoy toting around my heavy ar while losing a lot of it's capabilities.

Originally Posted By: kelI feel for you guys in New York. Not sure what I would do in that position but if it came down to having to live with a bolt operated ar or a regular bolt gun I think I'd sell my AR and buy a decent bolt gun. I don't think I could enjoy toting around my heavy ar while losing a lot of it's capabilities.

I feel for you guys too - PA is borderline year to year with the city mentality running the votes too - they just wanna strip us dry so their lifestyle and minds aren't inconvenienced, and they vote in Communists to feel good about their non-self-reliant selves. There, now I feel better for the weekend!

I think I'd try to talk everybody in NY with an AR to convert it to bolt, and keep the parts. Screw 'em. That'll give 'em something to stew on till the next time they try a ban. And you already got a good shooting gun, why ditch it???

The reason for me wanting a Bolt AR over another standard bolt action is the options and accessories available. Adjustable stock, Light mount just to name 2.I also like the way they fit.Easy to add another caliber such as .308 for deer without the cost of a whole new gun. A straight pull bolt is easier to work. They are Cool! How about just ticking off the antis when they see my "Assult Rifle" and realise its completley legal. And finaly I have many bolt action rifles. A .223 included. I want an AR style.

Back