.270 rifle

Remingtonman

Can any one tell me what the best all around shooting .270 caliber rifle would be for hog/deer hunting would be, that shoots sub-moa with reloads? Im looking to spend around $3-400 on my next rifle. I also reload so i know that will be a plus factor with the accuracy of the rifle. I am currently looking at the new Ruger American, Savage axis and Thompson center venture. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted By: willy1947

Kimber or Cooper

Willy, stop that....
lol.gif

All the Axis I have seen will definitely shoot but I am kind of a wimp when it comes to recoil and I think that a Axis .270 would kick like a mule.

I would go with a Howa/Weatherby vanguard or a Stevens. I have a Howa and my son has a Stevens both guns shoot vary well.

the less you pay generally the more likely you will not have a sub moa rifle with out a lot of blood, sweat and tears. weeping wailing. weatherby vanguard sub moa is one of your better choices. remington sendero another. guns last a long long time get a good one.

Ruger American Rifle For the budget mided it cant be beat. If you have another hundred to spend look at the T/C Venture. I have experience with both and cant knock either of them.

Originally Posted By: Dr LouIn that price range, I'd look at the Howa and/or Weatherby Vanguard.

Yea I actually just bought a brand new Weatherby Vanguard s2 in .270win for $405. Pretty decent deal I thought.

Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanOriginally Posted By: Dr LouIn that price range, I'd look at the Howa and/or Weatherby Vanguard.

Yea I actually just bought a brand new Weatherby Vanguard s2 in .270win for $405. Pretty decent deal I thought.

Curious why your forum name isn't "anything but Remingtonman".

Back