New Winchester model 70 coyote

jknoel

I know a fellow who has a NIB Winchester model 70 coyote laminated stock with a medium heavy barrell in 22-250 24" it is a push feed. Im looking for a good predator rifle can someone give me a little info on these (experiences) Thanks so much- the guy wants to sell it sometime soon.

Joe

I had one in 243 and it shoot very well. Little on the heavy side and I was always afraid to scratch/dent it. It was too pretty to hunt with in my mind. Lol!! I then made it into a 6-284 with a shilen barrel. Still didn't pack/shoot it a whole lot so I ended up trading it. But all in all I never had a problem with its function.

I agree with the others, as I have a 223 version. They are a little heavy for much packing around, better for prairie dogging.

I just picked up a Coyote light in 22-250 and it's much lighter than the Coyote and it's CRF. I think it's a very well made rifle and am rally looking forward to seeing how it shoots.

I've got one in .243 WSSM, it's a half inch tack driver with the 55gr Elites.

Heavy but I've always preferred Varmint or heavier weight barrels so I'm good with that.

Should be nice in a .22-250.

I have one its one of the most accurate factory rifles I own (I did replace the trigger with a Jewel but thats just me) I don't mind the weight but here your never to far from the truck

I had one that I never hunted and ended up selling to a family member. The rifle turned out to be really accurate with vmax bullets and he has killed a few coyotes with it.

Actually, for a varmint rifle I don't think the Coyote Light is too heavy at all; 7.5 lbs is what most sporters weigh.

Last edited:
I've got one in 22-250. Love the gun, great for P Dogs, but a beast to carry on long hikes. Trust me I've packed that gun for miles on calling stands and it about killed me. The Lite version is much lighter and would be better suited as a carry rifle. Overall I have been happy with accuracy and performance. IIRC it has a 14 twist. Not great for the heavy bullets but I had a great pdog load worked up with a 40gr Vmax.

The Win. Coyote is an awesome rifle, shoot really good and I like the balance of them. I do not find them to be too heavy for predator hunting, everyone has their own ideas on weight though. The trigger can be lightened up a little and it would be perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up and use it if the price was right.

Back