Any Alaskans still on board?

Dogman

If there any Alaskans still on board I sure would like to talk with you all. Didn't get to hunt much last year after Sep. 11th. Looking forward to hunting this year!

Dogman-

I just moved to anchorage about 2 months ago and wouldn't mind getting together to do some calling and predator hunting. I would really like to shoot one of these cross fox that I see at all the taxedermy shops. Email me at Thebear_78@hotmail.com

One more here in Anchorage.Started last year and looking forward to this year. Have not had anything harvested yet but heard them bark back.I started late in the season last year and I think it was to late. I shoot a remington 700 ADL 223 with American Eagle 50 gr. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.

Hello fellow Alaskan's!

I'm new to this site, just got approved today. I'm in Wasilla.

Hey, Alaska Yoter!

I plan on doing a lot of predator hunting this winter when I'm not working. Though, I don't have a gun for coyote or fox. All I have is my .338 Win. Mag. and my .375 H&H. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif A little too big, I think! But I also have my neglected Marlin .44 Mag. lever action. My Marlin might have to be my temp gun until I get my hands on a .22-250 or a .223 this winter.

I'm a newbie, but learning with predator hunting. I haven't killed a coyote or wolf yet, but have seen wolves on my annual spring brown bear hunts in the Talkeetna's.

Did any of you guys do any big game hunting this year? If so, any success?

Hey fellas!!! Hey Coyote Hunter, not using the same handle? Sorry I didn't get back with you but I was swimming in my crawl space. Looking foward to hunting with you fellas.

Todd

Hey guys,
I've been out once this year, didn't get anything but called one in. I have a wildlife technologies (WT) caller. I did the "snowshoe distress" call and some ravens started flying around so I switched to "ravens fighting over food", looked at the caller, looked up, looked back at the caller and a coyote was pawing and biteing at it. By the time I got my rifle up he had moved into the brush a short distance away, but I could not get a clear shot. I hope to get out around 10 Nov and do some more hunting. Would like to here some of you all's stories.

That was funny Dogman had a situation similiar to that my self last year with a JS512/Snowshoe Hare except mine was a mad squirrel. I work week on week off what kind of schedules you fellas work?

Todd

I'm Active Duty National Guard working a Mon-Fri schedule. I usually hunt on the weekends and some in the evenings. I have Guard drill weekend once a month that always come at the worst time. I'm planning on taking some time off around 10 Nov and possibly go up north off the hual road or up near Chitna.

Are any of you fellas set up for night calling or have experience for it. Last year I made several attempts at it. This year I was going to get a little more night hunting in (If the trapping regs haven't changed).

I would be up for a trip some whre if our schedules matched up.

There seems to be an abundance of cross fox up the King River Trail area the last couple of years.

Hey fellas if you want you can contact me at [url=mailto:tcwm@gci.net

Coyote Hunter,
Last year I was caribou hunting on the hual road. South of the pass I seen 4 wolves (my brother got one), 3 lynx, and more cross fox than I can remember (20+) all within about a 10 mile stretch of road. I know it will be pretty cold there in November,but I figured I could go up for a few days and do some day and night calling and hopefully shoot a few critters.

Alaskan Yoter,

I'm up for a hunt. Just let me know when you'll be going and I'll tag along. Maybe I can bring my friend's AK-47. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Matt

Dogman,

Did you take snowmachines up there? If so, I would like to blast a couple of caribou with my rifle. Going to be picking up my 2003 Ski-Doo Summit 800 H.O. in a few days.

We should all think about planning a hunt and getting together.

Matt

Coyote Hunter

Just dropped in to say "Hi". I mainly hunt the Interior over along the Yukon Boarder and down to Chitna. Use only hand calls and usually tote a 223 and a 12 ga. When the bears can still be out I haul a 45-70 revolver when not lugging the 12ga.
Was suppose to start my season last week but my best bud got killed over in the Yukon last monday and I had to deal with the arrangements.

Watch the ravens when they respond to a call. They will many times "tell" you where the critter is as they will circle it as it comes in giving it hell.

John,

Its good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your friend and hope all goes well for you.

Stop in again when you get everything taken care of and let us know what is going on your neck of the woods.

Good calling,
Todd

Another Alaskan checking in! I have been off the scene for about 2 years but am itching to get my new T/C Encore .17 Rem out. Need to pop the cherry on this little rifle.

For those who don't know (remember) me, I live in Peters Creek (Chugiak) and work in Anchorage. Looking forward to getting away from a project I started in the spring...adding a 1170 sqft 2nd story addition on my house....ACK!

Would love to hook up with you guys for some calling this winter. Give me a shout via email and we'll get the plans a rollin'. You will find my email on my webpage.
Randy in Alaska's Page

Back