Some Pictures From This Season

fc7ad9ff.jpg

Here ya go with the pic. Nice animals !!!!

I'm jealous Wolfer,

I have only killed one wolf, that was on a moose hunt in northern B.C. Would love to plan a trip to Alaska just to hunt wolves someday.

Congrats on a fine season. Good pic's

Slydog

My, my, Wolfer! You had a very successful season, indeed! How many were trapped, and how many were taken over a call?

By the way, I, too, was impressed with rimfirematt's S&W bunny-getter. I use a Ruger 22/45 with a 2X Burris. I like it, but his Smith has enviable features.

I hate that! Just when I thought I had the gun of my dreams, somebody makes a better model that I just have to get!

All of those wolves were snared. I did shoot one with my 17HMR. But he isn't in the picture. A couple of the coyotes in the pic. and one of the lynx were shot. There were some that didn't get hung due to space. We worked hard this year trying to figure out how to catch wolves and it cost us some other fur but it was a fair trade. Next year will be better since we dont have to go through the learning curve.

I count 9 or 10 wolves. Great job, Wolfer. That work will save lots of moose and caribou, and will fetch you a bit of cash to boot.

When it comes to predator control, my personal opinion is that the state should offer bounties. That way folks like you would get rewarded for your hard work, and the number of predators would go down without the expense of flying state employees around shooting the things. Bounties would be cheaper in the long run.

Again, good job!

Back