Two firsts for yotenighthunter

Redfrog

Yotenighthunter aka Stephen Skaggs has been up for a few days on a hunt he won at the PM raffle.
Yesterday and today have been the two slowest days I have ever had calling.It warmed up here yesterday, from -20Fto plus 42F overnight. Turned all the snow to water and mud. The wind was also howling pretty good.
Yesterday we had one coyote come in and hang at 1/2mile and saw one target of opportunity approach warp speed. Not a shot fired all day.

Today, almost no wind , sunshine, and warm. First stand....nothing.About 15 minutes into the second stand,a coyote came running in from the one mile marker.

Now,,ynh has not shot a coyote yet. He had to turn 180 degrees to line upon the coyote. This is after 10 stands with seeing nothing. The coyote is coming on the run. I tried to stop him at150 yards,but he just kept coming. Ynh lost sight of the coyote at 40 yards because of the contour of the land. Did he panic? Nope! cool like the ice man.The coyote trotted off. At about 100yds. I yelled hey! He stopped,turned and ynh dropped him dead in his tracks. A nice male with a great hide.
Great job under pressure on his first coyote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A couple hours later, we saw a red fox in a field, sunning itself. We drove past, parked and stalked back. When we were about 250 yards out the fox got up and started to leave. I used my Aussie fox whistle for the first time[ a gift from EXPRESS when he was here last week.] The fox stopped and Stephen dumped him. His first fox. And great shot at 250+.

So even though this was the slowest calling days I've had, it was great seeing Stephen make shots on his firsts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stephen's dad is along to share the trip with his son who by the way is Sixteen years old. This guy is gonna be a serious threat to predators in the years to come. :eek:

Thats great Redfrog, I really hope he is enjoying the trip! I hope someone there is taking pictures of the trip, we want pics!

Thanks again for the kind words and the awesome trip Red. Everybody's gotta yell at Red though cuz he has the pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can't wait for the hides back from the tannery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
later,
YNH

Back