Nevada Kit Fox Hunting

JimmyD101

Does anyone have any suggestions on where there might be a good population of Kit Fox in Southern Nevada? Would really like to knock a couple down. Thanks.

I'm willing to travel. I want one bad. Haven't got the tag yet because I was waiting to find a spot that has em before spending the money. Any suggestions on a couple different spots? Thanks.

Again, north or south. Where exactly are you wanting to hunt? Nevada is a big state .
Shoot me an PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Last edited:
Id say along the CA boarder by state line. My buddies and I have called in a bunch on the CA side near there. We can not shoot them here in the Peoples Republic.

Check the NV regs before ya go. Kit fox rarely come out during daylight hours in areas where coyotes are around. And some Nevada counties don't allow shooting at nite and/or spotlighting.

We are in Central Nye County trying to coyote hunt. Located some coyotes but we are filming and our camera keeps freezing up as soon as we sit down so haven't been able to hunt yet. Gonna try and wrap some hand Warner's around the camera to see if that'll work. Talking with locals and they don't seem to think there are too many Kit Fox around. Said there are some bobcats but as a non resident I can't shoot those.

Originally Posted By: VarmintnvCheck the NV regs before ya go. Kit fox rarely come out during daylight hours in areas where coyotes are around. And some Nevada counties don't allow shooting at nite and/or spotlighting.

Kit fox are mainly nocturnal whether coyotes are around or not.

I checked the regs and a guy would really want a kit fox bad to pay the fee.
Nonresident Trapping License Required for all ages.
Required to take furbearers by any legal method, take unprotected mammals by trapping, or sell raw furs for profit.
$192.00

Back