wolf question???

d2admin

Administrator
i hunt waterfowl in oct and nov in ontario canada. i hunt around ingleside,ont which is in the southern part of ontario. my question is 'how far north do i need to go in ontario to hunt for a wolf?' i hunt with some local guys and these guys are really good hunters and have good knowledge of the area. i would like to hunt a wolf for a couple of days this fall if possible. i would also appreciate any info on a guided wolf hunt you would recommend. thanks randy

From Ingleside to North Bay you are Looking at about 5 hours, and from here to wolves is about 2-3 hours. I have spent a tonne of time in northern ontario where the wolves roam and I have seen maybe 10 in my whole life(and I'm usually looking). I know people who live 10 hrs north of Ingleside for 40 years and have never seen one.

Dont get me wrong, they are there, lots of 'em. I would highly reccomend a guided hunt though, because I wouldnt estimate your chances of seeing one let alone shooting one by yourself as being very good. I would imagine the guided hunts are over bait piles?

Back