How Cold?

Back in '97 or maybe it was '96, I cut a fresh set of tracks while running a skidder so I went to my pick-up and got my rifle and call. Not more than five minutes went by before I shot a song dog. It was in the twenty below range!

On our way out to montana it was -20. we saw plenty of fox bundled up on the side of the road in shelterbelts. we left at 4:30am and travelled across the state into montana. along the way we stopped to call 3 fox and 2 coyotes. we got 2 fox and a coyote i think. normally we could make that trip in 6 hours. I think that we made it in 10. We were joking that we were never going to make it to montana. The entire way down it never got about -15.

I don't really have any qualifications to answer this, coming from a desert dweller...

When I was in Canada we hunted at -30C and lower, and got nothing for our efforts. I don't know if this was the reason, but in the area I don't imagine those temperatures being oput of the ordinary for mid winter, so I can't see why you shouldn't get responses.

Maineiac,

did you tell them how much you wined about your back after dragging that dog 158 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I guess I just did, LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Advil anyone

Sly

Back