Wrap'n up a good year

Alaskan Wolfer

Well, I went down and sealed my hides yesterday. The biologist's eyes about popped out of his head when my partner and I carried in nine wolves all frome the Kenai. Every biologist in town was there to check out the pile of fur in the back of my truck. By the end of the day I had ***four beaver sold @ $50.00 each, that was green hides. We also unloaded ***30 mink hides for $22.00 each. There is an offer out on our ***2nd to largest wolf of $650.00. That one stretched out at 7ft 3inches. So far no offers on the big one but we haven't showed that one to very many people yet. Some guy offered me $65.00 each for my last three otter but I felt that was a bit low, I figure I'll hold out for about $75.00 for the otter. Did any of y'all catch the last page in the Jan, 03 issue of Fur Fish Game? I wrote that one. I had a couple others come out in FFG this last year but I don't remembe what issues. All in all it has been a fairly successful season thin year here on the Kenai Peninsula. It looks like the coming year will be even better.

that is awesome Alaskan wolfer,
I was just starting to warm up. It sounds like you have had a good year. Are you traping around kenai, soldotna or what? I was thinking of trying johnson pass for wolves. I am just starting to realize how close they are. Sounds like you are gonna make a little money huh? Its funny, i just now realized that people will buy these things! I just always thought of it as a personal challenge, but hey if someone wants to give me some bucks thats okay too.
But yeah, interested to hear where youve been going trapping, not so that I can infringe upon you, but would just like to know where they like to hang out. Mountains, valleys... I heard there is a pack in portage valley, that suprised me. I got a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago in portage and the trooper talked to me a bit about calling and said somebody hit a wolf with their car at ingram creek. Again congratulations on your year. Matt

Howdy Rimfiremat, I have been trapping South of Ninilchik to Homer. I like to focus on valleys. This is my firt year that I went over one wolf. It took a lot of effort to figure the pack out.

Yes it is relatively flat. From the area that we have caught most of our wolves, the pack could be in the Hills in a couple hours. They tend to hang out with the moose population.

Back