Best rings for a CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Rem???

burris

Need some help picking out a set of rings for my new CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Remington. I have another CZ in 22 Hornet and it came with the CZ medium rings and they are nice. The CZ varmint does not come with rings so...which rings do you like best? The scope that will be mounted is a Burris Signature Series 6-24X44 (I thinks its 44mm), Im guessing that the Burris rings will fit the rail that is built into the CZ receiver...

1. Order the CZ 527 rings
2. Burris 1" medium 1/2" double xtreme tactical rings
3. Burris 1" medium signature ZEE rings

Thanks for the help, need to get my order placed!

If you decide on cz rings, I have a set from my 527 American I will sell for $30 shipped. These are the rings that come with the gun, they are new never used. Pm me if interested.

Leupold makes rings for the 527, the medium rings are a bit lower than the CZ rings but they work with Leupold or Redfield scopes or others with the same size ocular bell. I have a couple sets of them and really like them.

Can I use low Burris Signature rings with a 40mm objective? I plan on having my bolt handle modified if necessary to get the scope as low as possible.

Anyone have pics of low/med rings with a 40mm objective? How much clearance is there between the barrel and the scope?

burris _ I trust that most 527 spec base/ring combinations are decent. My personal preference is Warne.

If interested, I have a 1" set that are are ideally lapped. Willing to sell for a sub-retail price.

Dirty Dog_ Be prepared to go with medium or high bases. Of course, you can make anything work depending on how far you're willing to grind the bolt handle. In any case, clearing 40mm won't be an issue as the deciding factor is the diameter of your ocular bell in relation to the handle. Not all bells are equal.

You are aware that the only Burrises that will fit are those "ringmounts" made specifically for the 527? (There's a kit out there for converting to standard Weaver-style rings, but can't think of the co. offhand.) I've had the B's, the stockers and the Warnes; they're all good. I'm thinking of selling the Burris set so you might check the Classifieds.
And yes, to mount a scope with a bell larger than 38mm or so, you'll have to have Calhoon or somebody modify the bolt handle if you go any lower than the stock CZ ring height.

This VXR 3-9x40 is held by a DIP Inc. weaver base adapter and then 30mm low Burris rings. Bolt has been modified.

DSC00239_zpsc0e5f07c.jpg

DSC00240_zps0e4a166c.jpg

It is still a little high and I put on a beartooth adj comb kit. Should of went X-low on rings but it shoots good and I have a good cheek weld now.

I should state that I only did the above set up so I could use those rings and mount the lights the way I did. This is a semi dedicated night rig. If I was not worried about a light set up I would go with one of the following.

1"---Calhoun Hunker Mounts with bolt knob adj.

30mm--Warnes Med with bolt knob adj.

If you are going to mount lights I have found no POI shift if you mount on rings. I have seen POI shift mounting anywhere else on the scope.

Back