NW Montana

caninethumper

hello everyone,
I've been rumaging through this board for a while and like what I see. It's nice to see that fellow hunters can get together and share tips, stratigies, and intresting stories to help newbies like me further our knowledge about hunting the hunters. So my thanks go out to everyone on the board who have kept my hopes high for calling in the first critter (which I have yet to do)
?Any montanans out there that who could share some information on good hunting areas in the flathead valley area.(or anywhere within a 3-4 hour drive) Open fields are far and inbetween up here and I would like to find more open areas to consentrate my efforts on. Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, hope to here your replies soon so I can live up to my new name.

Welome to Predator Masters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I used to hunt the Flathead in Canada. While it is mostly thick bush, there area lot of wide creek bottoms and swamps. The coyotes will travel the plowed logging roads and hunt the bottoms. If you park your truck on the road and walk a few hundred yards to a low land that intersects, you should be able to call coyotes and have some visibility.

Look for tracks etc. and give it a try. Sound will really carry with the cold. I don't know about Montana, but in B.C. there are lots of cougar, so be alert. :eek: Any distress call should work. If you do a search here for techniques and tactics, you'll find a ton of info.

Thank you for your reply redfrog I'll give it a try, sounds a lot like the terrain around here. The only openings are frozen swamps, thats where I've been consentrating my efforts most recently.

Back