Randy

Alaskan Critter

Just wondering how the e-caller was coming together. I like the hand calls better because of the cost of them. I would like a e-caller and this system sounds like it is the way to go for the cost and the versatilty of the caller.

It has all arrived and I have put it all together! This is going to be an awesome system. Only problem I need to work out right now is some background noise that I am getting. Word of mouth is that Azden (the wireless mic maker) has developed a patch cord (from MP3 player to Transmitter) that eliminates all the noise. I just bought a cheap 6ft cord from Radio Shack. They didn't have any of the 1ft cords like I wanted. The cord acts as the antenna for the transmitter so I think with a 6 footer I am picking up way to much RF. Even with a ferrite bead on the cord I get some noise.

Other than that, Wow! Super light weight and compact. I loaded up 4 15 minute sounds on the MP3 player and played around with it a little. Volume control, pause, loop single track, switch sounds....it's all good! Plenty of volume too.

I'm anxious to get it out in the wilds and try it out. I'll give a report when I do.

Randy that sounds great I just got a MP3 walkman
for X-mass and would love some direction on how to make it into a cll and where to get mp3 sounds
for it? any help would be great do youhave any pic's?

Jonathan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll work on some pics of the setup. Might be a couple weeks, I am heading down to northern Idaho this next weekend for a week. Taking the .17 Rem along in hopes to do a little calling down there.

Hey there Randy in Alaska. How are things these days in Peters Creek? I sure miss it there. Been gone to Texas since 1999...Hate it here...Too damn flat, and way to hot. Have you been up Bear Mtn. recently? Is it still good to hunt? I used to go up the trail there nearly every day with my bow. Was pretty good for fox and wabbits. Not to mention the countless Ptarmigan. Sure do miss those days. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and see how things are going there lately. When I left Anchorage was trying to make Eagle River and Birchwood a suburb.

Sorry Randy for the late reply. Been out of town for two weeks and busy this week tryng to catch up with family. Sounds like a good system. Get thoses pics of it up, so we can have a look see. at it. Thanks.

Back