My home made shooting sticks.

IAyoteHNTR

I saw another post about some home made shooting sticks so I thought I'd show you the ones I made.

I used 2 camo Easton arrow shafts, some rubber tubing and a few castration bands. Easy as heck to make and they are light, easy to carry and rock solid in the field. The rubber tubing is what the forearm of your gunstock rests in so no worries about marring anything up on your gun. Just cut a 5"-6" piece of rubber tubing, force the tubing over the ends of the arrow shafts, I used a little WD-40 to help me slip them onto the shafts as they are quite snug. Then slip about 3 castration bands up over both shafts to a good pivot point. The tubing creates a nice cradle for your gun and the height of the shooting sticks is about perfect for sitting/kneeling shots.

2013-12-10110114_zpscbbf1bd5.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap! That would make a lot of shooting sticks there! Lol. Thanks for the info. Can you get them in smaller quanities? Thanks, Wes

Those were, like, 2 bucks.......

They don't last forever, gotta replace them every season or 2. And you can put them over your open-reed calls to either keep reeds more secure, or over the barrel as lanyard stops. You'll find lottsa uses......

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: huntsman22 You'll find lottsa uses......

Just don't be putting em on your nuts.

Don't let the wife/significant other find them!
cry.gif
They might get some crazy ideas after an argument.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: huntsman22 You'll find lottsa uses......

Just don't be putting em on your nuts.

Lmao!

I usually just pick them up out in the pastures in the summer they r cheaper that way they work real good on ur open reed calls. hahahahaha

Back