What call to use here in alaska?

Alaskan

I have been looking at calls but cant find any snowshoe in distress. Do they make one? Even a tape would be nice. What calls are you all using up here to fool those tricky fox and yotes?

I use my wild Life Tec System for a E Caller,my mouth calls are the song dog, Elkinc makes two good coyote calls and the one will doubble for a rabbit sound,Rich makes a great cow horn coyote call the sceery snow show call works really well but they are hard to find he makes a set of three for the north but the set runs about $45 bucks the # for the snow shoe is AP3 have a good one Coyote Slayer

I got my snowshoe distress at Mt.view sports in anchorage. They have plenty but your gonna pay top dollar there. I know wally world or kmart had them at one time. I would look on the net and find an open reed to play with while you use a simple closed reed. Even when it was mild out ,my AP-3 as all closed reed calls would lock up. I do have some green plastic call of unknown origin that is resistant to the cold though. Well snow is here! man Time to break out the gear and get calling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

They have a good selection of Skeery calls at Sentry Hardware in Fairbanks. I haven't looked in the one in North Pole. They should have them there to. K-Mart was out of the wounded rabbit but they did carry them.

Back