What is a Remington 700 .17 worth?

Scrabrock

I have always wanted a .17 Rem. but recently purchased a .204 M77 Ruger in an all weather. Now I have found a Rem. .17 at a pawn shop. It is in excellent shape with a lot of barrel life left. $579.00 do you think that is a fair price. I have been looking for a long time, they just don't come up for sale around here. Wondering if I should take back my Ruger and buy the .17?

Thanks

I'd try to get a deal, say offer $450 cash & see what happens. You might be able to get him down a bit.

worst that can happen is he won't budge, never know unless you try.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know there is lots of barrel life left? Is there a known round count or did you bore scope it?

There has been a rem 700 in 17rem for sale locally for the better part of a year for $450. It comes with two stock.

If a .17 is really what you want, then get it. I'd round up some brass or ammo first though. It's about impossible to find right now. The price seems a tad high, but not outrageous if it's what you are looking for.

Originally Posted By: ScrabrockHe bore scoped it

The last thing I would do is trust what the pawn shop tells you. I would look myself.

Originally Posted By: stealthmanIf a .17 is really what you want, then get it. I'd round up some brass or ammo first though. It's about impossible to find right now. The price seems a tad high, but not outrageous if it's what you are looking for.

Brownells has the brass in stock.

If you are interested in a.17 Rem, Bud's Gun Shop has them for $579 cash price including shipping. It is a CZ 527 Varmint which has a single set trigger.

I recently bought one from Bud's, and put a Simmons 3-9x50 scope on it. I'm getting sub-MOA 5 shot groups out of it.

I have several Remington 700s in various calibers, but the CZ trigger is much better than any of them, even the user adjustable ones.

The brass can be difficult to locate. I got 200 pieces of unfired Rem brass on gunbroker.com.

Back