foxpro spitfire wont work

Derag2

I took my fox pro with the texas and got a little calling it. I used it one morning worked great no problems. Went out the next morning and it won't work. I set it out 30 yards nothing everything is on, batteries good. I walk out to it cant get it to work, I bring it back and keep trying it and it just won't play any sounds. Anyone else had this problem?

I would call foxpro. I have had a Spitfire since they came out and I haven't had any problems. FoxPro can probably figure it out on the phone.

I have a spitfire and I went a week before using it last and it didn't work, until I pushed the mute button, if you used the mute the last time you used it to end your day it will still be muted when you go to use it again, also check the SD card to make sure it is in all the way.

Ill check the SD card, I figured out the mute deal the first morning i used it. I played with everything on it different sounds, mute, turning it on and off. Ive only used its like 3 times since I bought it last winter. you would think if the SD card wasn't in all the way the call list wouldnt show up on the LCD screen

Originally Posted By: Derag2...you would think if the SD card wasn't in all the way the call list wouldnt show up on the LCD screen

Not true in my experience. The names on the LCD screen aren't being sent from the caller, they're really just ID's for a placeholder. For example, if you update sounds on your SD card, but don't update your remote, it might say "bay bee cottontail" on the screen, and the caller will be playing DSG cottontail. My assumption is that the names go in assigned "numbered" slots, then the calls appear in the slots on the card with cross referenced numbers. Maybe the newer remotes are different and will remotely update, but my Spitfire doesn't.

A buddy of mine played heck with my Spitfire for a while, he would turn it on, then toggle the "spkr" switch towards the "spkr" label, and it wouldn't work. The label is kinda backwards, toggle it to the "spkr" side and the speaker is actually off.

Ultimately, I'd call FoxPro at this point.

just got one no problems so far.but fixin to make another card for it so we'll see how it goes.but like they said when all else fails call foxpro,and good luck.

I took a look at the caller and it worked the first time naturally but I looked at the SD and it wasn't locked down it was up and not pushed down so I think it was the SD card causing the problem...... Thanks for the advice and ill remember that next time this happens....

The speaker switch is for when you plug an external speaker in and you only want that speaker to be on, it turns off the units speaker.

Back