CZ 527

jschroed

What are you thoughts on these rifles. I haven't seen one personally. I have read a bit about the single set trigger. What are your likes/dislikes and overall performance?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have bought 3 of them during the last several years. A .17 Remington, a .221 Fireball and a .223 Rem. The .17 a heavy varmint and the others Americans. To some the safety is backward but it only takes a little bit to get used to. The trigger- wow. That's one thing that I guess most folks like best about this gun. That and the accuracy. The trigger is adjustable from light to Really light so you have to be careful that you don't get carried away and set it light enough to be unsafe. I had mine set so light once that when you closed the bolt the gun would go off. I changed that in a hurry.

They are really well made, not too expensive and some of them really got some pretty wood on them. And all of them shoot lights out which is what we all want anyway, right?

I have to second what Rusty said..I have the 527 American in .223 and it is one of my favorite rifles...Seems to like a wide variety of ammunition, very accurate, very well made.

There are only two things I might find fault with. (and they are very minor issues.) At the back of the receiver on the right side there is an area on mine that seems a bit.."sharp".

Magazines..The three round mags are VERY difficult to find at times and I am not wild about the magazine release.

The trigger is terrific..I would love to have another 527 in 22 Hornet.

Just got one two days ago after taking these guys advice. Have 2 cz 22lrs also. Sharps is right about clip release. Mine is the M1 American . Trigger is real good and when push forward to use as set trigger its a whole new ballgame. Lets just say you better have a spiritual connection with your finger. Loved it. I'll never get rid of these CZ's and am gonna start looking for more.

I have CZ 527 Varmints in 17 rem & 17 Fireball
I also have CZ 527 Americans in 17 rem and 204R
They are all awsome guns and with a few little fixes I feel the best small action guns under $1,000 on the market. My main predator rig is below.

CZ M1 American with Shilen 17 Rem tube. I swapped the flush mag with my 204 since it has a wood stock and is pretty. She will keep em all under a penny all day!

DSC00241_zps462a498e.jpg

Cz 527 Varmint in 17 Rem with a few upgrades.
I also have this guns identical twin in 17 FB

DSC00117-1.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

Awsome Guns!!!!

Beautiful little rifles! I have a '04 limited run maple stocked 527 in .22 Hornet. Shoots very well, fit and finish great, I didn't have to make any adjustments on ss trigger,and have found nothing negative. Rifle is light and handles well--just one of those that are very pleaseing to carry or shoot (IMO).

Love my CZ 527 in 22 Hornet! Trigger is awesome! The rifle is a serious shooter. I love it so much, I ordered another CZ Varmint in 17 Rem a month ago. Just waiting on it to be shipped.

Obviously the biggest endorsement for the CZs are the number of multiple rifle owners chiming in. I bought my 527 in .221 FB way back when you could get them for a little over $400 and I really love this little gun. Now that CZ is starting to ship them in .17 HH it might be time to get another. I don't think you can go wrong getting one. Good luck, Dave.

I love mine.
Predators and colony varmints don't like it so much though.
smile.gif

008.jpg

There's a couple things I didn't like about it like the magazine and ring height, but instead of bit--ing about it, I fixed em.
Boy am I glad I did!

I'm actually thinking about buying a 527 Carbine and having it set back to 222 right now.
Not sure why since I already have a sweet little 222, but I've got the itch.
crazy.gif

If I were going to buy a CZ (and I surely would/have)......I would buy it pretty quick because They are "imported" and have a "detachable magazine".

I don't want to sound paranoid....However Think how easy it would be for the CZ 527 to fall in to a catagory of some sort of Ban....It is imported and it does have a detachable mag. Those are two things that are not real popular with some right now. Just look at their other BS rules like "if it's got one of these are two of those"

Just think it "might" become "harder" to get a 527 in the future and thats just another reason to get one now. Remember "harder" can almost always be used interchangablly with $$$$$.

jeff

If you have a chance to pick up a 527 at a reasonable price, don't hesitate....I have a 527 Varmint with a Leupold 4.5-14x with a Varmint Hunters reticle and couldn't be happier....

007.jpg

I'm, however, not one that is in love with the 'push forward' set trigger...I adjusted that part out of the system and readjusted the initial pull down the a nice crisp break and reasonably smooth pull...

I had the 527 varmint walnut .223 and it was a shooter. My best buddy has the american.

Trigger is really nice when set, better than the tikka trigger. Trigger is pretty good when not set, but not as good as the tikka trigger.

CZ are notorious for the barrel not floating out of the box and needing a little sanding and sealing. All three that I owned had this small problem but not big deal at all.

Overall great guns and I would not hesitate to get another. Their customer service is also really good.

Only thing I don't get is why they don't change the twist on the american .223 to 1:9 or 1:8?

Originally Posted By: missedshotRepete, did you do a tutorial on the magazine shortening on your 527? If so could you post a link?

I had RVB do it back before he doubled his price.
Course, I bought my rifle back when they still came with nice wood for 475.00 so I guess everything is relevant.

Here's a link to Roy's web site.
http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-527-rifle-magazine-conversion.html
FWIW,,, He does nice work with a good turn around even if he did have to raise his prices.

Back