Calling Arctic/Sub-Arctic/Alaskan Wolves

How many Wolf callers do we have on the board here? ... those who Successfully call Alaskan Wolves???

I know of 1 already, (no doubt one of the best in Alaska; if not the world), but this is an endeavor that takes much skill, work and perseverence.

I suspect that the knowledge and experience that could be shared here will be second to none in the world.

If these Wolf numbers aren't quickly and Drastically reduced ... we can forget about having Moose, Caribou and Dall Sheep in our freezers.

Hi Cas
that is a hard question to answer there are a lot of good wolf callers here some have passed on and in Passing took a untold amount of how to hunt them along to the after life to name a few bouth alive and passed on and I think this order will change as to who else will answer this question

1.Frank Glaser the some what frist of his kind to call wolves and hunt them with a rifle I would give up five years of my life just sit and hear his ideas and how and whys on calling wolves

2.Ben Tomson from Anaktuvuk Pass a Great Wolf hunter and trapper of wolves who died way to early and is missed by those that knew him and of him

3. John from Tok who takes more than his fair share of wolves in a year and makes it look easy.

4. Coyote Slayer From Delta I also take my fair share too but still know that there is way more to learn and not really enough time to learn it.

I know there is a lot of good wolf hunters out there bouth native and white that are not on this list and i am sorry for not adding them to this list any one that puts in the time and hours in the cold dark Alaska nites to learn this sport has a passion and drive. >>>

So CS and John how do I hook up with you for some lessons? Even if it amounts to some tips over grubb and coffee? And a few stories!!

Todd
tcwm@gci.net

Slayer -

Who is this John guy from Tok?? I resemble that remark! LOL

As to great callers - There was a gent around here he was the Federal game guy that everyone ducked before Alaska was a state. His name was Robbie Roberts and he loved to call wolves. Yeah that was almost 40 years ago! Last saw him about 3 or 4 years ago just before he died.Wished I had picked his brain!

Back