STONE COYOTE CALLS DO IT AGAIN !!!

Originally Posted By: MicktrfGreat Story! Wow, 10' you must have some great sent eliminator? What do you use?

Cats don't seem to care about scent.

I use Scent Away and then strip off some fresh cedar with my hand and rub that in to my clothes on the way to the stand for coyotes, along with misting some fox urine at my stand location before calling. That being said, when I am just targeting cats "like I was Saturday" I don't worry so much about scent control. I try to put myself close to good cover in such a place that I can see the cats coming before they see me "they tend to creep in slowly moving from one piece of cover to the next trying to see what is attacking the woodpeker so they can size it up". I rely more on complete concealment, REMAINING PERFECTLY STILL, and a good motion decoy for distraction. A bobcat hunts mostly by sight and sound, where a coyote trusts his nose to keep him alive. I have taking many cats that slip in from downwind and have not had a problem with them smelling me. But you can be sure that if you move they WILL SEE YOU!!! Originally Posted By: MicktrfGreat Story! Wow, 10' you must have some great sent eliminator? What do you use?

Originally Posted By: MicktrfGreat Story! Wow, 10' you must have some great sent eliminator? What do you use?

I don't really worry so much about scent control while hunting bobcats. But I do rely on total concealment and SITTING PERFECTLY STILL along with a motion decoy to help keep his attention while I try to make the shot. I have had alot of cats come in from downwind and have not had a problem with them winding me THAT I KNOW OF LOL!!! Now if Iam after coyotes I take my scent control to extremes. SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T THINK THE PREVIOUS POST WENT THROUGH I AM AN IDIOT!!!

Last edited:
Back