No more ammo at Walmart? Possible correction?

GaryO

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: frozenbuttSo it sounds like there is a gun control policy on the books already? When are we getting told about it?

They will tell us when and what they think we need to know.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: GaryOAccording to Rush Limbaugh, Walmart has cancelled any future ammo orders at the manufacturer level until they see how any new laws will effect their bottom line...I hope he is mistaken. I do a bunch of business with Walmart and would hate to take my $$$ somewhere else.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-wil...ontrol-decision

Great time to stop sending your money to china and spend it with the USA.... Im guilty of walmart too but the more you spend elsewhere the better for our country.. These laws are gonna get ugly, hopfully theres enough people to stand up for our rights and not let the government take over.....

"hopfully theres enough people to stand up for our rights and not let the government take over....."

That person has to be each and every one of us!

If you are not calling your State, Local and Federal Representitive, you are part of the problem.

Not sure I believe it. Just because it's been picked up by Rush and others doesn't mean it's not a hoax. Everybody's out of ammo right now.

Edit-the source of all this appears to be a blogger and a "recorded call". Sounds fishy to me. It appears not to have been confirmed by any major news source. Believe it or not, every thing on the internet isn't true.

Uuuuuuuh, bon jour.

Last edited:
If it is true it has nothing to do with anti gun views on the ammo issue bit is about getting stuck with a large inventory that they may not be able to sell if there is legislation passed....

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeIf it is true it has nothing to do with anti gun views on the ammo issue bit is about getting stuck with a large inventory that they may not be able to sell if there is legislation passed....

If this were truly the case then all major ammo retailers
would stop ordering new supplies. My BS meter is pegged.
Wal-Mart has been back and forth on guns and ammo a couple
of times. Ol' Sam is turning in his grave. Guns and ammo
were disappearing at Wal-Mart, but then they realized how
much money they weren't making, and not only did they come
back in many stores, they added AR-15s! Holy Assault Rifles,
Batman! Now the Communist News Network(CNN) and their ilk
start pounding the "Guns are Bad" drum, and Wal-Mart runs
for the hills. I think we are seeing crony capitalism at
work here.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, and the ammo shelves were
pretty bare. I did manage one box of 380 Auto ammo, which
I wanted more for the brass. Guess I better go buy out
their 28 gauge shotshell supply while I can.
cursing.gif

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeIf it is true it has nothing to do with anti gun views on the ammo issue bit is about getting stuck with a large inventory that they may not be able to sell if there is legislation passed....

I'm sure you're right. Walmart is an efficient company it's only about business.

Seems kinda odd that walmart would put people before profits they have never done that in the past, When I worked at consolidated freightways they used to pick up and store in trailers 7 to 10 millon pounds of ammo that walmart would buy from federal at a special price because of bulk buying and then sell for a tidy profit, For them to not sell an item with that large of a profit margin is out of there norm.

Hoax. Sorry, but I'm having a great laugh at this one. Rush said it, therefore it's true? Yeah, kinda like saying, "It must be true, I saw it on the internet."

I can tell that a lot of you know nothing about how Walmart operates. As a supplier who has had to deal with Walmart, I can tell you that there's no way they stop ordering anything on their shelves to wait for pending legislation for two reasons.

1. Money. Letting the shelves sit empty and missing out on the millions of dollars in sales that are being driven by the Chicken Littles out there? That's absolutely retarded. Walmart is all about selling and there's no freaking way they would put themselves on the bench and forgo months or even years of sales with this "wait and see" bullsh!x.

2. Inventory ownership. In almost all cases, Walmart contracts include a right to return almost anything to a vendor for any reason. So Walmart isn't going to get stuck with anything if the laws change. They'll simply return it to the vendor. If the contracts that were in force before Sandy Hook didn't included this clause, they do now.

And on a related note, in many cases the vendor still owns the product long after it enters into the distribution chain of Walmart. Therefore, Walmart assumes no risk until they actually own the inventory. Which in many cases is just before it hits the actual store shelves.

The way Walmart procurment operates, the supply chain lead is very short. Orders placed today are not for goods that go and sit in some giant Walmart inventory warehouse for months before they are shipped out to stores. Orders placed this week are in stores within days.

Sorry Conspiracy Theorist Retreads. You're going to have to try harder and at least make it plausible. The biggest gun retailer in the world decides to stop selling ammo "just in case something happens sometime"? Yeah, right.

Grouse

Last edited:
It might not be true but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth in it and they already know something since WM execs were meeting with gov officials last week.

Never thought I would agree with George Bush but he was interviewed and feels as though nothing much will happen. I tend to agree. There will be alot of smoke, threats and promises made but in time, it will be business as usual with the exception of the hijacking money grabbing SOB's.

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeIt might not be true but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth in it and they already know something since WM execs were meeting with gov officials last week.

How could they already know something? No legislation has been passed, so there is nothing to know.

If somebody came and said that Walmart was planning on eliminating ammo from New York stores because of the anti-gun climate in that state, I could almost believe it.

But Walmart deciding to effectively stop ammo sales nationwide until something happens? I'm calling bu##sh!t on that one.

Grouse

If it were true, and I'm not saying it is, remember this.
Walmart did not get so big by making bad business decision. Tis is a business decision and nothing more, even if flawed and we don't agree with it. Walmart buys things in millions, not hundreds.

Last edited:
Back