Coyote calling books & videos

Doug

Hello all,
What coyote calling books and videos have you found to be worth the money? I'm looking to upgrade my education. Thanks for your recomendations.
Doug

Calling all Coyotes with Randy Anderson (video)

Hunting Predators For Hides and Profit by Wilf E. Pyle (book)

These are the best of each that I have seen, I am looking forward to alot of replies to this so I can find out what else is out there.

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

The video "Calling Coyotes" By Randy Anderson is a good one. I enjoyed the books by Gerry Blair. Some of the good predator calling books are no longer in print and can be hard to find. So if you find any no longer in print stuff buy it. www.callingcoyotes.com for Randy's video.
Good luck

------------------

predator calling by gerry blair.you can get this book and some others at> http://www.joinoutdoorsmansedge.com a good video tape is primos,the truth#1 predator hunter.alot of action with 11 kills and good information.

------------------
wolf_howl_md_wht.gif

I've not read many books on calling, I've couple of favorites for coyote trapping though.

For videos, I still like "Calling Coyotes with Vic and John-Henry" But if you want a copy, you need to get a hold of The Moondog dsmythe@oregontrail.net pretty quick, I think he has the last half a dozen copies in existence. Hopefully we can talk the guy with the camera into making another one next year.

[This message has been edited by Tim Behle (edited 03-05-2001).]

Doug if I could only have one video it would have to be Randy Andersons "Calling All Coyotes" Lots of good info using hand calls and alot of shooting. Other good videos are Operation Predator and Bustin Coyotes.

------------------
Hunt'em Hard
CoyoteKrazy

I would say both Ed Sceerys videos are real good instructional videos. Randy Anderson's video is very good. Doggin' coyotes Vol 1 and 2 are great entertainment videos and good for ADC men. They feature my good friend Merv Griswold. John - Henry's video was good. As far as books, E.L.K. in corporated sells a book entitled "The coyote hunter" but I haven't read it yet. Wiley E

Thanks for the recommendations guys. If you think of any more please post them. I have ordered: Predator Calling with Gerry Blair, Hunting Predators for Hides and Profit by Wilf Pyle, and Coyote Hunting: the Complete Book From Head to Tail by Phil Simonski. They were all available at http://www.barnesandnobel.com
I figure if I learn just one thing from each book that my money was well spent.
Doug

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 03-06-2001).]

I need to add a question to this post.

I was in a sporting goods store about 6 months ago and there was a tape on one of the televisions playing, I happened to glance up at it to see a coyote thrashing a fawn around by the neck. I kept watching and thought I saw Bill Bynum in the video.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the name of this video is. Oh one more detail that I remember, one of the guys on the video attempted to catch a rabbit by sneaking up behind it, but all he got was a handful of s**t.

RK

------------------
Idle hands may be the devils work, but idle minds are so much worse

The stuff by Gerry and Phil is great info. As was mentioned, Randy Andersons vid is action packed. My favorite also. Eds stuff has good info too. Slim Pederson, Burnham Bros, all worth getting also.

I have to agree about Randy Anderson video!! I also like the "DOGGIN' COYOTES" that is put out by ELK INC. They have a partII also...I have gotten about 20 different video's and the best is Randy Anderson...and the worst is, "KILLIN COYOTES" by Dennis Kirk..The camera work on the Dennis Kirk video's really suck and I think he needs a tri-pod. Operation Predator by Hunters Specialities is another good video. Ed Wimberly and G. Stewart show some really good footage. Just thought you might like this knowledge!!

------------------
Bus-Bus

I've got quite a few videos, and agree with everyone else that the Randy Anderson and ELK tapes are good ones.

One of my favorites, is one I never hear anyone else mention though. It's one made by Vern Howey. Not a lot of "action" scenes. But I like the way Vern describes his way of approaching a setup and using mouth calls - it's a good educational tape. Also appreciate how he puts an emphasis on making sure that when a coyote comes in, it doesn't leave! He uses lip squeaks as his primary call in several scenes, which I think is kinda neat too. May not be for everyone, definitely not if you are looking for a lot of coyotes getting shot, but it's one I like.

- DAA

Lonny, I'm pretty sure that Montgomery Furs in Odgen, Utah is selling them (I got mine from Vern at the trappers convention last fall). Don't have a phone # for them handy right now, but I'll get back with one.

- DAA

Edit: Okay, got the number now. Rob, I think that number you gave is the fax, if I'm not mistaken. The phone # I have is 801-394-4686. Reckon one of 'em oughta work!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DAA (edited 04-13-2001).]

DAA, and Rob,

Thanks for the information. I think I'll have to get his video. I just happened to be looking thru a back issue of varmint hunter and noticed a add for Natgear camo and it showed a mans picture and his name was Verne Howey from Granger, Wyoming. I am thinking this must be the same guy? Thanks

------------------

Back