What scope on 22-250

ipatry

So I'm looking for a scope. I am purchasing a Remington sps varminter 22-250. I want a really nice scope. The best bang for the buck. Scope will be for night uses to. So needs low light capability. What do you guys like best??

Since you mentioned low light, that means big bucks, not thye run of the mills scopes, buy the best you can afford.

I mean I want it to be good enough. I don't need anything fancy. Just a solid scope, with good optics. And good enough to be able to spot light and shoot a dog at night and day

Last edited:
I believe the Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 is one of the best buys for better glass out there, hunting at night the lowest power will draw the most light, so i wouldnt go too big on power.

I would 2nd the motion of a Nikon scope the only difference I would suggest is go with a 4x14x40 if you can or higher if you want. I find it makes a big difference with long range shooting. The price difference will be not to much different. They are a real good scope and Nikon also has the Spot on shooting program for your Iphone or on the computer . Good Luck

Thanks for the input. I have a Nikon with the BDC. But I I really don't like the scope. I mean it looks good, and has a good rep, but for some reason I just don't like shooting with it.

I'm looking at a Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14x50. With adjustable objective, z plex reticle, and high target turret. Will this suit my needs. It list for just over $600

I have looked through the Nikon BDC scopes and I agree with the people that say the reticle is to busy. I would rather have one with small hash marks or mill dots. I have a 3x9 Leupold on my 22-250, fast to the eye and I don't have to focus the objective lens.

It isn't a focus knob, it's a parallax knob.

Look at trijicon optics while you're at it, also, I was always impressed with my Sightron SIII in low light, wouldn't be a bad idea to take a look.

If its a AO scope it will either be on the front or on the side,some had rear, some lighted reticles run fron the side also in the same place, but they wont say Adjustable objective.

It adjusts parallax...
If you don't understand the basics, you need to use google and do a lot of reading, spoon feeding you info won't help.

"I can teach it to you, but I can't learn it for you."

Ok, I now just read about Parallax and understand it. It will be pretty useful over 100 yards. I still have a lot to learn being I'm only 15. I will be able to drive myself this summer and plan on doing a lot of coyote hunting. So now I think I am going to choose between the Weaver 3-15x50, or the Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14x50

Originally Posted By: tuneredI believe the Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 is one of the best buys for better glass out there, hunting at night the lowest power will draw the most light, so i wouldnt go too big on power. +1

Originally Posted By: ipatryOk, I now just read about Parallax and understand it. It will be pretty useful over 100 yards. I still have a lot to learn being I'm only 15. I will be able to drive myself this summer and plan on doing a lot of coyote hunting. So now I think I am going to choose between the Weaver 3-15x50, or the Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5-14x50

The Zeiss is most likely the better glass, but the power range of the Weaver is a little better for night hunting, between 3 and 4.5 is a fairly big difference in low light. PS The parallax thing, you wont have time to change it in the field, target shooting is another thing.

Last edited:
Back