220 Swift Accuracy load

Originally Posted By: Dogslayer24I just wanted to mention that I'm buying a Swift and the reason is cause it's fast. I fully intend to exploit that with my loads!
grin.gif

You will love it.

Don't do it, according to some, if you over do it you will melt down the barrel, may start a fire, knock the planets out of alignment and a remote chance of making your children go blind.

Originally Posted By: travjcDon't do it, according to some, if you over do it you will melt down the barrel, may start a fire, knock the planets out of alignment and a remote chance of making your children go blind.

All of that is true...

... except the last part - when you shoot a Swift, you "See the light".

Quote:Just think if the caveman had started out with the 17 HMR, where would we be now?....If you think a .17 HMR is really bad,,,Just try bringing down game with a thrown rock and a sharp stick like the Cavemen really did...
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: travjcYa, but that guy that invented the sharp stick.....a thinker!

Yeah, and the 17 HMR guy is a story teller! What a pair.

Originally Posted By: SShooterZOriginally Posted By: iayoteWhats your favorite 220 swift accuracy load???? Lets hear em! Please list model of gun too.....

Now that we have a list of all the fastest with the best new powders and no one knows anything because they don't drive their Corvettes fast, can we get back to the OP's question?

No you don't have all the fast accurate loads
try these
40 gr bullet with vv540 at 4744 fps or 2520 at 4466 fps
both shoot .5 groups

Last edited:
I have found a few real accurate loads in the 20 some odd years of shooting the Swifts.After digging around the files i think my most accurate load back in the day was the 52 gr Berger with 36.5 gr of 3031 in my Savage 112.Next best would be 50gr Hornady V-Max with 39gr of IMR 4350.Speer hollow points and sierra hollow points also grouped well.Cant really find a horrible load with any pill in the 52-55 gr range.IMR 3031 seems to be the best powder for me then 4350.I dont load for speed neither,i see no point in it.And im sure all the woodchucks,crows,and coyotes ive shot could not tell from 3500fps or 4000fps.

39.5 Grains IMR 4895 with a 50 Gr. HDY V-Max. 1.125 inch 10 shot group at 300 yards. Velocity range from 4050 - 4065 fps with REM 700 VSSF 26" barrel. Have tried several other powders and load ranges. This and 41 gr H-380 are the most consistent and accurate that I have found.

Back