what weather is favorable for coyote hunting

I like cool and cloudy weather.Ed Sceery says on his cassette tapes that cool damp weather is usually the most productive.I think alot of it has to do with how hungry the animal is when you are calling him.If he is very hungry it probably doesn't matter what the weathers like, he will more than likely come in(unless he is call wise).It's like most things about coyote calling,you just never KNOW,that's what makes em so damn fun to hunt.LOL
smile.gif

P.S I forgot to mention about howling. That is a whole different bag of tricks.That deals with the whole territorial thing.MAN I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!!!

[This message has been edited by UTcaller (edited 03-24-2001).]

Whatever the weather is that ya can find the time to get out and hunt.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Actually, we very seldom get cool and cloudy weather here so as long as wind is blowing less than 20 mph and it is not a bright moonlight night I go and usually have pretty good results.

We hunt year round here in west Texas and for the first time in bout 5 years we have had cold northwest or north winds and rain several weekends which puts the damper on the coyotes----and me too. I hate getting cold and wet at the same time.

Ken

I'm with Pecos.I think the best weather for calling coyotes is what ever the weather is ont the days i have off work and can hunt.Sure some days are better than others but i've called them in in all kinds of conditions.Snow, Rainy, Coudy,Windy,Still,or hot you name it and i've tried to call in it and its worked at least once.

Later,
justin

Just about anyday! Sometimes it's hard to get coyotes to move in the heat of a bright sunny day after they have been running all night in response to a weather system. Other than those "dog days", most days are good. Wiley E

You are right Cal and they seem to approach slower when it's dark out too. I dont know if they do or not but it sure seems that way. Wiley E

When the wind blows and it rains hard for a couple of days, I am delighted. Time to check the guns, calls, decoys, batteries, ammo supply, and the potted meat and crackers. Cause when that weather clears and the sun comes out, every predator in the area is out cruisin' for an easy meal.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Critr
www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Back