Muzzle break alignment help

Bryan8

Just got my AR-Stoner Competition Muzzle Brake, in the mail from midway. Went to screw it on and it did not line up, which I figured would be the case. Went to get the crush washer out of the package, and then it hit me that I forgot to order a peel or crush washer with it
cursing.gif

Is there any washer or similar from a store like lowes that I could use? I dont want to spend $10 on a washer with shipping. Im going to be pin and welding the break on. The break has to be backed off about a 1/4- 1/2 turn for the 3 holes to be at the top and be aligned. Could I pin and weld with the 3 holes up, even if theres a small 1mm or so gap?

Bryan

I just finished pinning and welding a FH on. Yes there are other washers you can use since this going to be pinned and welded.

I assume you have a 14.5" barrel else there is no reason to pin it. A couple of things if I may. Absolutely 100% you do not need a muzzle brake on a 5.56 AR....you will hate this as it takes a loud report on a carbine length AR and makes it much louder. A phantom FH will give you the extra length to make the barrel legal. MB on AR's do nothing unless running full auto.

Run a gas welding set up....flux core will just jack this up. Make sure you assemble the upper and run rounds through it before you do your final pin and weld. Wrap the barrel or spray it with anti splatter and if you are not very proficient at small spot welds have someone do it or you will be grinding on this. I just fixed my buddy's pin and weld job.

I know you do not want to spend the cash on a crush washer but if you go on ebay you can get one shipped tyd for about $4. The crush washer will give you the alignment wiggle room you need.

But do as you see fit....

Last edited:
Back