Ok guys what it the best breed of dog.

Well i think no matter what you get, take Tony's advice and get something that is a good family pet in addition to a hunting partner..
I know people that have hunting dogs that are not pets.. I get that and don't care... But I just feel that if I am going to get a dog or two, get one that is going to be part of the family.
I like the fact that Bailey has a funny personality.. She is very playful and really wants to be part of the family.. It's been a great addition.
I also was worried about the whole go after Coyotes but still need to be a good dog around the neighborhood, and I have been really happy with the behavior about how good she is playing with other domestic Dogs.
It would be a little hard to explain to a neighbor why your dog just broke their dogs neck.

Best Breed of Dog?

The only way to go is to search the world over and get a.....

1/8 PlottHound
1/8 RedBone
3/4 Mountain Cur

Dark brindle color would be a major plus.

Nothing else will do!

shocked.gif

w00t.gif

tt1.gif

LOL

My little patterdale pup is probably the best beaver trapper in the world at the dog park, never taken her to a beaver dam though......

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKBest Breed of Dog?

1/8 PlottHound
1/8 RedBone
3/4 Mountain Cur

That is a dog I would love!

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKBest Breed of Dog?

1/8 PlottHound
1/8 RedBone
3/4 Mountain Cur

Nothing else will do!

shocked.gif

w00t.gif

tt1.gif

LOL

Would this dog have a name? Tucker maybe
wink.gif

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lacy Game Dog
Texas Blue Lacy
Lacy Hog Dog
Nicknames Lacy
Country of origin United States (TEXAS)
[hide]Traits
Weight Male 35 to 50 lb (16 to 23 kg)
Female 25 to 45 lb (11 to 20 kg)
Height 18 to 21 in (46 to 53 cm)
Coat smooth
Color blue, red, tricolored

[edit] Temperament
Tricolor LacyLacys are intelligent, intense, active, and alert. Developed to be both hunting and herding dogs, they display great drive and determination to work with big game and control difficult livestock. Young dogs may have too much energy and drive for small children. They are easy to train, learning new skills quickly.

[edit] Activities
The Lacy is a working breed and most need a job. Work they excel at includes herding livestock,[3] blood trailing,[4] treeing game, running trap lines,[5] and hunting wild hogs

after reading this discription I thought the herding instincts running trap lines an tracking would be a good foundation for a decoy dog as well as the speed, nimbleness and intelligence

that and it is said to have some coyote in the history.

thanks Tony only if she is only 1/2 lacy

Originally Posted By: roode301

Would this dog have a name? Tucker maybe
wink.gif

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

tt2.gif

lol.gif

I showed the Tucker/Cat pic to a few folks today. Two idiots asked, "If that was a LAB?"

I may be fired, not sure yet. LOL

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyi have been trying for years to tell you that dog was a lab!

For those who don't remember, this goes back a ways. It started in a "To Dock or Not to Dock" topic. I mentioned that I wanted Tucker's tail docked so I wouldn't always be in trouble for punching some one in the nose for saying, "Nice Lab!"

These guys have poured it on ever since. LOL

BTW: Don't you love those pics of Jesse and Devin's cool English Pointers?

devin, yea i ended up with a 1/2 cat, 1/4 jrt, 1/4 pit that does a great job, and i got a 1/2 parker cur, 1/2 jagd thats really coming on good, got to of the 1/2 jagds now, great little dogs like you said they were but man it was a different deal getting a handle on them then i was use to

I agree with the statement that no matter what breed of dog, it is important why you got it. Here, I am now sitting by the fireplace looking at my huge hunting dog, which can defend itself and Cockapoo, which lies next to me and requires my attention and affection. I bought spam link in order to spend time with him when I'm not busy with anything and enjoy communicating with him.
They are two completely different dogs, but I love both of them equally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: bugmenotI agree with the statement that no matter what breed of dog, it is important why you got it. Here, I am now sitting by the fireplace looking at my huge hunting dog, which can defend itself and Cockapoo, which lies next to me and requires my attention and affection. I bought spam linkin order to spend time with him when I'm not busy with anything and enjoy communicating with him.
They are two completely different dogs, but I love both of them equally.

this one a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: bugmenotI want to congratulate you that you have found a true friend in the person of a dog. I also recently bought myself a dog spam link , for a long time I wanted such a dog for myself and finally bought myself a faithful friend. The Alaskan Klee Kai is a family dog that does not like to associate with strangers. These dogs choose only one or a few people, to whom they give all their attention and love. I like it the most about my dog, it is better not to find a friend.

this guy is salesman of the year. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back