cost to mount coyote or cat?

here in colorado I charge $525 for lifesize yote closed mouth and $550 for cats lifesize. then if want open mouth add $75

rugs for yote is closed mouth $300
open Mouth $375
Rug for cat is Closed mouth $325
open mouth $400
i add hangers to rugs so able to hang on wall easily.

those are my prices every taxidermist is different.

Thanks shepherds prices are very fair but 1500 is way out of budget wow didnt know there would be such a big variance in price.

Last edited:
Take the time to check out any taxidermist before plunking down your hard earned cash. Some are better than others, and nothing worse than looking at a botched taxidermy job that cost you hundreds. I paid $575 after discount for a full body mount coyote about 5 years ago. Guy did what I think is a real nice job and it still looks great.

Quoted prices probably include only a "bare bones" base - if you want something with realistic looking rocks or weeds, etc. then plan on adding a fair amount more.

Like most things, you usually get what you pay for. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: erictTake the time to check out any taxidermist before plunking down your hard earned cash. Some are better than others, and nothing worse than looking at a botched taxidermy job that cost you hundreds. I paid $575 after discount for a full body mount coyote about 5 years ago. Guy did what I think is a real nice job and it still looks great.

Quoted prices probably include only a "bare bones" base - if you want something with realistic looking rocks or weeds, etc. then plan on adding a fair amount more.

Like most things, you usually get what you pay for. Good luck.
Ill second the above advice, there is so much crap taxidermy out there, so you really have to do your homework and check the work. There are horrible mounts posted on here all the time and all i can think about is how much money those people threw away for their cartoon looking bobcat or coyote. Predators are hard to get accurate and it takes a good taxidermist and with so many run of the mill taxis out there cranking out shoddy whitetail mounts that will happily take your money, you're best bet is to check and double check.

neighborhood taxidermist charges $1000 bucks for yotes, $650 for foxes. He is very good, has states, national, and world awards to prove it. his work is top notch,. His freezers are always full. I should have my grey back in nov. I know that's steep for a fox, but when I get it I know it will look like incredible.

Back