Joke?

Jesse lackey

Wow, the more i read on here the more amazed i am!

Some of you guys act like children. You boys need to settle down some! We get jumped for making a joke, but its ok for guys to streight bash someones dogs? And im the clown? Hahahahaha.

You guys need yo realize that there is way more info out there than what you know of. And just because you watched a video you arent a pro! If someone gets on here and askes for advice, he should be able to hear all the suggestions, not just yours!

Someone brags up your dog jeff, but says its not their prefered style, so now you arent friends? lmao.

Jglyn, a few months ago you were all about a dog sitting beside you,
then a few weeks ago you made it pretty clear that thats not a decocy dog
now you are back to a dog needs to stay at your side! Im not saying that any of them are right or wrong. I think you should share how you want your dog to hunt, and leave it at that.

Some of you guys have a lot of learning to do, and getting pissy over stuiped things isnt helping.

But i also know that examples will be followed. And when the leaders do it it becomes the norm.

Just saying that maybe the kokes arent driving people away, but the personal attacks!

jesse, i have never been a fan of a dog just sitting by me. i have said that is what my dogs did when i first got him. i have said numerous times that if my dog was out milling around he would more than likely get seen by a coyote that we cant see.

now, i dont know if i would like my dog 600 yards out where i cant see him because i am in it for the show. to me the perfect dog for my case would be if my dog is 20-75 yards out milling around where i expect to call a coyote in to.

now if my dog is sitting close to me i could care less as long as he works a coyote when he sees it.

i can promise you one thing, i have never said either was right nor wrong! and i will never tell a guy that if his dog does one or the other that he should leave it at the house!!!

my complaint is that if you havent had a decoy dog for 10 years or a set of hounds for 10 years then you are stupid and should just give up the sport.

this is my 1st decoy dog. but this by far isnt my 1st working dog. we have ran dogs on hogs for several years here on our ranch. always keep 10-15 dogs in the kennel for that. we have just about every kind of dog out there that we use. some are mutts some arent.

we own one of the biggest cattle ranches in eastern oklahoma. we also have up to 20 dogs we use to work cattle! mostly head dogs and a few heel dogs. heel dogs are for the lot only. we drive our cattle so that is why the majority are head dogs.

now for someone to talk to me like im an idiot about dogs does pizz me off. i aint by no means a trainer, but i do have dogs that work.

as for my decoy dog, time will tell. he is still youg. i dont know if he will be a dog that ranges or one that stays close. like i said earlier, i really dont care as long as he keeps going to every coyote he sees like he has been doing.

John,I have a question. If you know how to train dogs, then why did you pay Tony Tebbe to train your dog for 4 months?
lol Did you have a good time sitting there waiting for him to show up all day and he didn't? Left you hangin lol
John you could learn alot from guys if you would just shut your mouth and listen to those who want to tell you something. I will give you some advise. You can learn something from anyone you talk to, IF YOU LISTEN, it may be something useful or it may be something that you dont ever want to try, but you still learned something. Someone that knows it all learns nothing.

I agree Jesse, everyone needs to lighten up. Sit back drink a beer, stop pounding your chest and lets just BS and have fun.
My dogs are junk and you are not going to hurt my feelings by telling me you dont like them. I have to feed them, I feed 50 pounds of food a day on these culls.
Good post Jesse

Last edited:
i never said i couldnt train a dog, yet ive never claimed to be a dog trainer. Scott and I both had my dog going on coyotes before i sent him to Tony. I sent him there because i am over the deer program on over 5,000 that our ranch has on the DMAP program. once october hits, i am either taking people hunting or checking deer in or working with the biologists on the deer herd. i am out there from october through december everyday!

my dog was at the age to where he needed to see alot of coyotes and to be finished with what we had started with him.

did it suck that i didnt get to hunt out there?? he!! yes. but that has nothing to do with my dog. i have him home now and he works just fine.

and if you remember right, i had my mouth shut until you popped off to me. i asked a simple question about how you hunted coyotes because i did not know.

i have learned alot about decoy dogs from alot of guys on here, but i can promise you one thing, i dont want your advice nor do i need it!! i have heard enough about you to know how you are.

and by the way, you telling me to shut my mouth will not be very beneficial! you need to check your tone when it comes to me!

you erased all of your smart remarks on the other post and told me in your PM that you were removing yourself from our spat, so you just need to steer clear and stay out of my buisness! believe me, i dont want to know yours and certainly dont need your expert advice.

is by putting lol after everything meaning that you are joking??? i dont get it. does it mean we are going to prom together?

Last edited:
Oh I am so disappointed. Are you not going to send me a Christmas card? Your still coming up to kick my A$$ arent you?

i could but it would be a waist of 10 seconds for me. how bout we just go steady. we could have a sweet little name like Big Guy and Little Man. that would be cute.

how little do i have to be to be considered little man?? and how big do you gota be to be considered big guy?? we need to set the criteria.

Last edited:
Most of the animosity seems to be directed at Tony one way or another. Ive heard where some things didnt go quiet right and hate that for those involved. Im not gonna join the bandwagon and bash Tony over it. I believe alot of the negative is from people that actually had no dealings with him but are jealous cause he got semi famous and his name always gets brought up when decoy dogs come up and hes made money off of it. I see the same thing happening to Jeff just because he's got a great dog. I don't quiet understand the picjing on John yet but talk to him often and he is a good guy.

None of these three men have ever screwed me over and have always been helpful with anything I've talked to them about. Tony Jeff John don't sweat this crap there are people that are just that way and you can't help it.

I dont mean this personal to anyone but feel free flame away on me cause it dont bother me one bit and im not gonna whip you behind this keyboard.

Scott is ok too but for some reason yall let the sleepin dog stay asleep.

Caleb,you can bet i aint loosing any sleep over this. I have a dog that does what i want him to do. thats all i care about. people may call him a cull, but he brings coyotes to me everytime he goes to one that wants to work him. that is all i want him to do. plus you should have seen him on that skunk in the yard the other night!!!! lolololololol

John, sorry i brought it up. Im not saying anything good or bad about your dog or anyone else' s. All im saying is that just about every time TT (and this has absolutely nothing to do with TT.) has a litter we get about 4 new dog pro' s. They are here for a few weeks or maybe even months then just fade away. Im just saying that there is lots to learn, regardless of how good your dog is!

jesse the only thing that keeps getting brought up is i have a dog from tony. if i woulda got a dog from duane or someone else i wouldnt catch as much crap i dont think.

heres the deal. i got the dog from scott. scott got it as a pup and got him started. when i got him i kept on with what scott had him doing. i sent him to tony just to get more coyotes put in front of him while i was busy with deer season. he taught him some things that needed to be taught and hunted him and showed him some coyotes. me and scott have as much times as tony does in this dog.

but here is a little secret that i dont tell alot of people that asks. and alot of yal know this. training a dog to work a coyote isnt hard. the dog either has it or he dont. some may stay hooked longer than others which to me is what makes one stand out more than the other. all a man has to do is put alot of coyotes in front of them and make sure they dont run them out of the country. then teach them to come back to you. after they get the concept, its all about coyotes in their face.

i dont have alot to learn because it is pretty simple. im not saying i know everything about dogs at all. again, for what i want out of my dogs, it isnt hard. he pretty much does his thing when he sees a coyote and that is all i ask for him besides finding one that gets away after a shot.

other than that i am just happy to have a companion while on stand.

now for you guys that have dogs that do all different kinds of jobs there would be alot more training involved. but mine has one simple job. go to a coyote, dont run it out of the country and bring it back.

Why it doesn't make them any better if all they do is sniff butts and lick themselves. From the looks you can take a pound puppy and have a great dog.Comes to training and time spent in the field and putting fur in their face. At least that is what I have learned so far on here. You have to sort though alot of crap and I mean alot of crap. JMO

Well. I'm proud to say that I don't know crap about dogs, but we (my pup) amd I are learning!

Learning by reading. Watching. Trying.

Jesse. I feel like a fat girl on prom night waiting by the phone everytime I ask you to call me and talk patterdales and you don't.

Call me ya lunatic!

Back