Primos Boss Dogg

LFP

Went to the Primos site to review their Alpah Dogg and now they have a new call called the Boss Dogg. Any of you heard this one yet? I see the speakers alone take 8 "D" batteries which might get costly after a while.

Eeeeks. 600 bones for that thing. But it looks like it comes with a stray cat decoy tail.
smile.gif

Yes that price caught my eye as well but I see they have the Alpha Dogg listed for $391 and you can get it much cheaper than that. I can not find the Boss Dogg listed anywhere else so I guess it may be a while before it hits the streets.

Right now for me its a toss up between the Alpha Dogg or the Foxpro Shockwave. The Alpha Dogg is more in my budget range.

Was it me or did the ad hint that the decoy was able to be controlled wirelessly within 30 yards of the call. That could be interesting

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruWas it me or did the ad hint that the decoy was able to be controlled wirelessly within 30 yards of the call. That could be interesting

I kinda got that impression also.

Yes 30 feet away from the caller and the remote is for 200yrds so must be correct. 8D batteries.. 3 50 watt class D amps? FP might be getting some competition. Lets see if they can match customer service. That will be hard to do I believe.

Hmmm a 30 yard wireless remote controlled decoy does sound interesting. Hopefully Primos won't ship these with a virus imbedded in their sound utility like they did on some of the Alpha Dawgs.

I checked on rechareable D batteries and energizer has them 2 for 10$. Eneloop has spacers but doubt 8 aa would last to long. Anyone know how mant watt amp shockwave is?

Hey guys, I just came from the ATA show in Louisville and the Boss Dogg is supposed to be released in june. The call is very heavy (The batteries weigh 3+ pounds themselves). Quality is superb and it really cranks out the volume. It will also come with the wireless decoy. Great caller, but the weight/size is probably going to be the detrimental factor (unless you don't have long carry distances from set to set).

In other news, primos bought out stoney point so you can now see the primos branded shooting sticks & bipods on their site.

Lastly, no word or indication that primos will come up with something like the foxbang technology.

FYI: The Alpha Dogg is my caller of choice

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lowtempguruI will take a stab in the dark and say the Shockwave has a 10watt AMP

3 50 watt amps. Good God that thing should scream. But the weight becomes an issue for sure.

Nice call for sure. The Turbo Dogg has all the volume I need it is close to the Fury or may be even louder. I get 100 yard remote range, and the sounds are real good. This Boss should be something to hear. The Power Dogg was not a very good call at all, but the Alpha and Turbo are very hard to beat for there price.I also believe there customer service is fine.

Back