Loading Sounds to Alpha Dogg

LFP

When you add sounds to the Alpha Dogg do you have to use the ones from Primos or can you load sounds from other call makers and ones you record yourself?

Thank you!!! I broke down and orderred one tonight. Pretty much have always used hand calls so this will be a learning experiance. I did buy one of the Flextone e-callers but the volume was really bad so I don't count that one. Thank you again!!

Originally Posted By: LFPThank you!!! I broke down and orderred one tonight. Pretty much have always used hand calls so this will be a learning experiance. I did buy one of the Flextone e-callers but the volume was really bad so I don't count that one. Thank you again!!

When you say the volume was bad, what was wrong, too low. , not very adjustable? ?

Interesting, because my flextone echo had very good sound.. but not loud enough for me in high winds.... so I also am loading sounds onto my new alpha dog.

It just did not get loud. At the time I was stationed in WY and with all the wind I needed/wanted more. I thought the sound choices were good and crisp. I was just looking for more volume. If I remember some others had the same complaint.

Last edited:
I understand about wanting more volumne on windy days. There were several days in Western KS that I wanted more volumne on my echo... but I still killed dogs with the volumne it had. But this Alpha seems to have more than enough volumne. We'll see how it does on the next windy day.

I downloaded some sounds onto my computer, but they would not load into my Alpha correctly... UNTIL I went into Audacity to transfer my WAVE files into MP3 files.

Last edited:
I was louder with my open reeds so at the time I figured I would just stick to those.

Looks like my Alpha Dogg should be here tomorrow so thank you for the link!! Hoping I will not have any problems but if I do I appreciate having the fix before hand!!!

Recently purchased the alpha dogg and so far been impressed with it.Volume is without question EEExtreme.clarity I think is very good untill you pass 65 % of the volume control,at this level some of the sounds arent of the same quality.I can not imagine anyoone needing more.As far as the echo is concerned I have three, thought they needed more volume so I installed speakerjacks -more volume. the smaller mimc call has the speakerjack,i installed,and does have more volume.flextone cons...you get wat you pay for cant add sounds to change the game p.s.dont use the coyote sounds Hope this helps Alpha dogg set 65 is louder than Echo wide open with additional speaker

I just realized that some of my download sounds that I put onto my computer... NOT on my alpha... are popping, crackliing a little bit... just a little bit... not much... but I can only hear it on sounds that were converted from wave to mp3... some of the mp3 are doing the popping, not the waves. It may of happened during the convertion... will need to mayber redo some of those before downloading them onto alpha

Dan, try downloading Audacity, its freeware. I have had very good luck using it to convert from WAV to MP3 without adding white noise to the sound file

Audacity.... good tip... I forgot about that one. I had been using it to build videos for youtube. I will get it straighten out today, because I do love this call, as well as my new sounds. Thanks... Dan

Back