Dog Training Question?

Devin, I wasnt't being a smarta$$ when i asked that, i really didnt know for sure.

but now i am being one. who the he!! are you to talk $hit about anyone?? you dont feed my dogs or anyone elses so you can keep your smart comments to yourself.

you wana get in a pissing match with me?? fine, lets do it. you and your dogs dont scare me a bit.

hunting coyotes is a hobby for me, it aint my living. so maybe i dont kill alot but killin 100 a year isnt nothing to scoff at in my area. i got a dog to have something there to hunt with. he works coyotes pretty good for what i have seen out of him. but i still get paid at the end of the week if i dont kill a dam coyote!

real funny aint it??

i had a real question about how you hunt coyotes and you wana run your dam mouth. i dont know you from adam, i seen something about hounds in your signature and didnt know exactly what you did. run them with hounds or decoy or both!

i bet your smart comments would be alot different if you were face to face with me! you can bet your a$$ on that!!!

i would hate to be your enemy, i see how you talk to a guy asking a simple question.

so, are you implying we cant be friends???

PM needs an octagon. I went to the university and learned some tricks but i dont know much about dogs. Just ask my dog. I don't see why you gotta get so upset over some dots john

let ur dog figure it out. aussies are very smart..they will get what ur tryin to do pretty quick. [beeep] maybe he alrdy had a yote track goin when he was sniffin aroudn...who know?!?! if ur gunan get a collar do some work at home and get it used to a beep call back. dont go to the field and shock the [beeep] out of it for a stupid reason. i rarely will shock a dog. they all know the beep is preperation for the shock

i have always said run the dog that you like and thats all that matters, and glynn no i wasnt saying what jeff does isnt decoying, matter of fact if you want to watch a good dog work go see jeff cause he does have one, what i was saying is just because a dog is ranging dont mean he's out there screwing around doing his own thing.

funny thing is guys get on here and say "this is the best", week later they get on here and say "thats the best", all because thats what they heard on the www, that would be like me coming on here and telling what the best dog is for running lions, i have no idea, but i have read some so i will start telling folks what they should hunt. it doesnt matter to me what you hunt but telling someone something thats wrong is just hurting the guys chance, he might have a good ranging dog and he might think he should make him sit right there because ranging is bad, its got to be he heard from here. just take the dog and hunt and have a goo time

Last edited:
On the flip side telling a guy his dog aint no count cause he dont range is hurting him too. That is the furthest thing from the truth.

Its sad to lose a loyal friend when there are so few out there these days.

Man you guys a silly, like a bunch of school girls. Loosing friends over a discussion? What the heck is wrong with you guys? Some of my best friends hate my dogs and I hate their dogs and we get along great. Like I said before what works for you might be a cull for me and what works me might be a cull for you. We all have different opinions of what a dog should be so keep your panties out of you butts and be men. lol

That is the only person I need to please and the only one I try and please. lol You dont see me trying to impress guys with my dogs on here. In fact I never even talk about the culls I have. lol

Ryan, i totally understand where you are coming from. i know in your kinda work you gotta have dogs that find coyotes and bring them to you because you take care of them for a living. i think seeing your dogs would be awesome.

then again, i like watching spot work the coyotes that come in to a call. it is action packed.

i guess with your dogs the action is still there you just miss some of it because they are out of site. i guess that is the difference between us recreation guys and guys like you that do it for a living. we are in it for the show and you are in it cause it is what you do for a living.

if your dogs are out say 600 yards looking for a coyote while you are on stand and say a double comes in to the call from a different direction, do you just try to take care of them and then just wait on the dogs to come with more??

i thing it would be really neat to see that work.

no hard feelings Ryan, i really wasnt trying to be a smarta$$ with any of these questions on here. i just didnt know for sure and was asking. alli have ever heard about you was good stuff. and if you say something i try and listen and learn. i hate when a guy gets on the houndsman forum asking questions or making a statment and get raked over the coals for it because it aint the way other people do it. im sure you wasnt running jeff or his dog down. its just other people that make it hard to be on here without wanting to get a little crazy.haha

Last edited:
glynn, i didnt think you were being a smarta$$, and there sure aint no hard feelings, if i got my feeling hurt everytime i read something i dont agree with i wouldnt have any feelings left. like i told jeff on the phone today, the only thing in this whole deal that rubbed me wrong was saying a dog that ranges was doing his own thing, the reason i didnt like that was because i know better, if a dog is trained to range or sit beside you, either way hes doing his job if thats what he was trained to do. most guys on here have got to watch two or three dogs decoy, then they go to telling this is right or this is wrong, i have seen alot of dogs work and they all work different depending on how the guy wants them to hunt, theres alot of different styles of decoy dogs, and if the dog is doing what the owner wants then he's doing it right.

watching my dogs would be boring, you want to see a dog work watch spot or scotts dog, both decoy better then anything i got. to answer your question, if my dog is working coyotes and another pair come in then yea, kill the pair and the dog will be there before you know it, i think people are getting hung up on ranging, if i cant see but 100 yards then my dog aint going to be 600 yards, but if i can see a 1000 then yea i say go make a big circle. not all mine will do it, shot most of mine wont do anything.

we all need to remember that no matter what we tell ourselves we are not the best and we can all learn something from someone else, even a dumb southern okla boy like me can pick something up if you say it slow enough

The issue of jumping folks out when they ask questions is nothing new. It's been happening all over the board for many years. I do think that it's a cryin shame that most of us like minded guys feel the need to bicker and argue or poke sticks in someone else's eye because our opinions may differ form theirs.

If you're happy with what you're feeding, then hunt him and enjoy him.

There have been alot of good folks that have dropped by the wayside because of these very things, and that is a real shame.

I've got my dog, and I wish I could hunt him more than I do, but I'm very happy with him and that's all that really matters.

I hope to see things change a little in the future, not just in this forum, but in all of them because I know how bad it feels whenever you ask a serious question and it turns into a goat rope.

So let's all go back to our nuetral corners and take the gloves off. We're all members here and we need to focus on what's most important, and having a weenie measuring contest ain't it.

Jeff

i think dogs that do it either way are cool and have there own advantages. i think it would be neat to know that a dog actually goes out and finds a coyote and i know also that it is cool to watch them up close and personal.

either way a working dog is cool to be around if he knows his job and does it right.

Back