6x45 mags

VAkritterkiller

Having problems with my 6x45 properly feeding. Load is 70bk seated as far back as possible but still wont feed. Ive tried pmags and metal pro mags. Any good suggestions?

I used the same load in my AR 6x45 set at 2.250" col and they fed perfectly out of all my steel & plastic mags.
Chamber it slowly while watching how it feeds, may be something else.

Its not a OAL problem and only happens during shooting. Acts like the cases are too crouded in the mag. Tried just loading 10rds in a 20 rd and same issues.

So what is it actually doing. Is it stove piping or is it something else?
Also what powder and charge are you using with the BK?

Last edited:
27.5 ramshot tac cci small rifle mag. every couple of rounds it will fail to pick up the next round or the bullet will act like its stuck in the clip. ive completel cleaned the rifle and all mags. Ill see if i can shoot it today and get a few pictures up.

I would make sure that You lube the BCG very well. When I first got mine I was having a similar problem and shot it very wet for the first few hundred rounds and now I don't need very much lube on the gun anymore.

Sounds like the bolt is short stroking. Have you checked the gas key? It may be loose. Just a hair of movement in the key will cause massive gas pressure loss. A 1/4 turn of the bolts is too much. If it is loose, torque to specs (40 in/lbs) and properly stake the key. A prick punch at a 45* angle to the screw head works great. Also, check the gas rings on the bolt. If the little slots are lined up, this can cause gas leaks and poor bolt performance. They should be offset. Or, get one of the fancy one piece rings. Clean your buffer and spring, as well.

like deaddogwalkin said lube the BCG very well, have it wet and give it a try. When I shot my first AR I had the issues you have. I oiled it good and never had a problem since.

Number 2 in the pic.

e5aed8ac39af06c364a0c3c10c1a17b9.jpg

Back