Turbo dogg remote fixed?

bluealtered

Guys i've been looking at the turbo dogg and have read the bad reviews over the remote not be able to reach out very far.

So my question is has anybody bought a new and has the remote problem been fixed yet. I hunt in heavy brush/trees and line of sight only isn't going to work.

Or for that matter what unit are you using thats in the $150 range that works in heavy brush or dense trees? Thanks, blue.

Don't know if they were "fixed", but we've been using a Turbo for about a year with no issues. I actually prefered it over the Spitfire mainly due to the remote.

I have set mine in tall enough grass I had to turn it back on to find it and set it out in corn stubble where it wasn't visible and have had no problems with it so far. I usually only set mine 30 yards or less away so couldn't say on longer distances.

My Turbo Dogg remote actually quit working. Good luck with trying to get through to customer service. Sat on hold for over 30 minutes. Use the email version please. But anyway, I was told that they would send me a new remote. 2 weeks later, called them again, sat on hold for 30 minutes again to have them tell me it was shipped out the week prior. Waited another week, called a 3rd time, sat on hold for 30 more minutes, Was told by a different service rep that nothing was in the system on my remote issue. This lady actually gave me her name and said she would see that a new remote was sent. Waiting to see if this comes in. I like the caller when it was working but the customer service department leaves little to be desired.

I told them they needed to add an antenna, they said please send us a picture or model of how we should do this.I like mine either way..I just put it in a bush or tie it to a branch and i dont really have any issues

I've used mine at 200 yards before. I did this just to see if it would work. I've read in several different forums and a lot of people complain about them. I must have got the best one they ever made. I've never had a problem at all. I always turn both my call and remote on at the same time and let them sync before placing the call in the field. I don't know if that helps, but I've never had an issue with it not working.

Originally Posted By: bluealteredGuys i've been looking at the turbo dogg and have read the bad reviews over the remote not be able to reach out very far.

So my question is has anybody bought a new and has the remote problem been fixed yet. I hunt in heavy brush/trees and line of sight only isn't going to work.

Or for that matter what unit are you using thats in the $150 range that works in heavy brush or dense trees? Thanks, blue.

spend another $50 and get yourself a Foxpro Wildfire. Problem solved, plus the greatest customer service.

Its louder than a wildfire but not a cs24. The primos sounds blow though. Atleast to human ears. Maybe coyotes like them though

Oh it does, but not at the cost of distortion. I have used both the turbo and alpha doggs, due to remote connectivity issues on both, I just started leaving them home and using hand calls. (no fun being pissed off all the time hunting) Picked up my wildfire out of Cabelas bargain cave for about 30% off, and actually find myself wanting to use it. Imho, if you are needing more volume, you can simply add an external speaker. I have found though using lower volume levels and making more stands in an area is much more productive than fewer stands trying to call farther with more volume. That could just be the case in my area as well.

Like i said I didnt know for sure just word of mouth.. I love my turbo dog..As long as its in the air I have no connection issues

Back