Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2388586 - 01/07/13 11:46 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
SHampton Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: BAOklahoma
I have a collar for sale and it sounds like it's just what you need!!!!

$550 shipped!

#2388633 - 01/08/13 12:37 AM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
Devin69 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Craig Colorado
Tri Tronics is the only way to go
Nice Collar there Scott

#2389175 - 01/08/13 02:31 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
Mr. Outdoors Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Halfwaythere
+1 on tri tronics collars. I got one for my weimarianer to polish her up at the beginning of each year, it doesnt take much to take an ok dog and turn them into a great dog.

#2389452 - 01/08/13 06:36 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
Duane@ssu Offline
Retired moderator

Loc: Gods Country
"Whocares", do some looking around, and see how diff guys use a "decoy dog". Some of us would rather have a dog running around for no reason, way better than sitting beside. If ya do decide you need a collar, Tritronics,is the way to go.

"IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK SMART,YOU BETTER RIDE A FAST HORSE"

#2389502 - 01/08/13 07:11 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
jglynn Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southeast Oklahoma
most people that have a dog that sits beside them wish they would go run around!! im talking from expierence.

when i first got mine he sit by me, after a month with him he will range sometimes and sometimes not. i would like him out actually being a "decoy". hince the name of a decoy dog.lol

now that it has rained and snowed a few times and the ground is wet i have noticed that he ranges more. could it be that since it isnt so dang dry that there is more "smell" in the air and ground??

either way i am alot happier now that he is milling around looking for one.

#2390352 - 01/09/13 12:45 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
WhoCares Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Magnolia, Texas
Ok. Thanks for the suggestions. I thought him running around would screw up my hunting. We have coyotes in our back pasture at night and he goes crazy barking and chasing after them in the dark. 6 months ago my daughters Italian greyhound was killed and carried off my back patio when my wife let him out to pee. I will save up and get the collar. I Am concerned that without it my AS will not come back when I call him, especially at night. I really don't want him to get into trouble by himself

#2390378 - 01/09/13 01:18 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
the impactzone Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: texas
I was walking my pup yesterday in the neighbors pasture just letting her mouse and run, didnít have my e-collar on her, she was 50 yards ahead of me, I stopped behind a large bush to take care of business when I heard her bark, and other barks & growls in return, stepped out to see a pack/bunch of dogs 6+ with collars on (never seen them before) charging up to her as she charged towards them about 25 yards apart I yelled her to come back, she stopped hackles all up raising he11, the dogs saw me and took off, she gave chase for about 10 yards then returned all pizzed off, I was glad she returned and had challenged them, but wish Iíd have had the collar on in case she didnít. donít want to light up someoneís dog but she is still a little small much less several dogs at once.

I had a AS I used for coyote years ago but didnít have the money for a collar at the time and no way I could call him off a chase so I use to just stake him out with puppy in distress as a live decoy. I shot 5 coyotes off him one night on one stand about 1 minute apart with my NEF 223 ran out of ammo and got up yelling afraid I was about to lose him to # 6 LOL didnít do that anymore
my sister took him just to make sure when she found out what I was doing! buy the way he would eat light firecrackers that upset my sister on her first 4th of july with him thinking I taught him that

Edited by the impactzone (01/09/13 01:57 PM)

#2390853 - 01/09/13 07:27 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
Originally Posted By: WhoCares
Ok. Thanks for the suggestions. I thought him running around would screw up my hunting. We have coyotes in our back pasture at night and he goes crazy barking and chasing after them in the dark. 6 months ago my daughters Italian greyhound was killed and carried off my back patio when my wife let him out to pee. I will save up and get the collar. I Am concerned that without it my AS will not come back when I call him, especially at night. I really don't want him to get into trouble by himself

Aint nothing wrong with a dog sitting beside ya. Unless you cant call coyotes.

Most of the time when a dog is "ranging" that translates to doing their own thing. Nothing more aggravating to "call" a coyote in and your dog is out "ranging" around doing its own thing. Just my opinion.

#2390864 - 01/09/13 07:40 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
jglynn Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southeast Oklahoma
my dog has been milling around 20-80 in front of me ususally he is within 50 yards of the call. to me that is fine, i dont like him being out of sight because i figure hes probably just out jacking around.haha. i dont mind him sitting beside me either as long as he is looking for a coyote.

#2390877 - 01/09/13 07:50 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: btech29]
Devin69 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Originally Posted By: btech29
Originally Posted By: WhoCares

Aint nothing wrong with a dog sitting beside ya. Unless you cant call coyotes.

Most of the time when a dog is "ranging" that translates to doing their own thing. Nothing more aggravating to "call" a coyote in and your dog is out "ranging" around doing its own thing. Just my opinion.
LOL

#2391085 - 01/09/13 10:09 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
your right jeff, theres nothing wrong with a dog sitting beside you, but theres nothing wrong with one that gets out and decoys either, most of the time i'm just happy if mine will get out of the box and chase something around, that way i dont have to figure out how to turn the call on, lol

#2391107 - 01/09/13 10:16 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: trapper2]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

I hear ya Ryan. I just dont see why all the fuss over a dog ranging. I enjoy calling em in. If I want to kill I leave the dog at home. If I take the dog I wanna see em work a coyote. I guess its all in what a guy wants.

#2391152 - 01/09/13 10:40 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
no fuss here, its just different strokes for different folks, but till i get to where i can train one i will have to stick to the "doing their own thing" type dog, the funny thing is "their own thing" happens to be just what i want them to do most of the time, and on the days i figure out how to call i can get them to sit right next to me alot easier then i can get them to go "do their own thing" on the days i forget how to call

#2391154 - 01/09/13 10:42 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: trapper2]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Whatever floats your boat.

#2391159 - 01/09/13 10:44 PM Re: Dog Training Question? [Re: WhoCares]
Devin69 Offline
Die Hard Member II

If all my dog did is sit beside me and I had to hiss them up at the sight of a coyote then I would leave them home too. lol

Edited by Devin69 (01/10/13 12:29 AM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.