Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2390823 - 01/09/13 07:14 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
Chilson Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: ozona TX
false they the animal do not stick anything in a tube the ejector is set in the tube it is spring loaded when a bite pull response from a canine happens on the top screwerd on the ejecor it pulls the trigger which is locked in place on the tube the spring opos and sends cyanide powder colored orage in the capsule into the saliva glands inside its mouth killing him dead mostly in under ten seconds.........i use them in the sheep and goats and in areas i cant get to everyday and like i said only a fool would atualy consider useing them especialy finding his information on wikipedia.....
there are better more effective and safer methads you just need to do your research on something that isnt going to kill you or non targets which can be released from the foothold trap......this post is retarded i hope you have the sense to explore other options

#2390836 - 01/09/13 07:21 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Once again. I was just trying to get information on deadly traps. I didnt know it would be so touchy.

I know trapers and have gone along checking beaver, muskrat and coyote traps.

I never clamed to know anything on the subject thats why I brought up exactly what I have read.

#2390852 - 01/09/13 07:26 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: Rock Knocker
Haha, someone forgot their Xanax.

Ok ok, your right. I regret ever reading about it, and it being used as recently as 2006.

You seem to not pay much attetion, or come up to some unique conclusions.

I dont remember saying how great cynide was. It was the first thing that sowed up when I looked for deadly traps.

I came on here to get some input on any deadly traps available. You seem to have had a very bad experience with cynide. I am sorry if I misled you into believeing I was preaching about how great the M44 is.

Heck man I have at least looked up the topic all you have done is talk $h!t about it.

no i only talked about how inadequately u represent yourself by not wanting to see a trapped animal suffering but have no remorse about them suffering over poisoning as long as u dont see it happen....no more no less.....i think u got lost in the FACTS i was presenting after u lost it and ranted yourself......good luck! lol

#2390857 - 01/09/13 07:34 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: REID2168]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

Your right. The poison kills as fast as my bullet wink

#2391132 - 01/09/13 10:29 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
gumboot458 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Copper Basin Interior Alaska ...
It depends on your view of things. I don't have a problem causing an animal alot of pain and discomfort if said animal makes it a practice of causing agony to a degree we almost can't fathom. What do you think a doe feels like when a bunch of song dogs start eating the fawn she is in the process of delivering and her along with it.

Killing predators is what a predator hunter and trapper does. Go ahead and pinch their toes. Just check your sets regularly so they don't die of thirst or gangrene.
I use a scoped 22 to dispatch trapped predators.

Edited by gumboot458 (01/09/13 10:31 PM)

#2391141 - 01/09/13 10:34 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
erict Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: near Albany, NY
I assume with 531 posts you know that trapping in MN is regulated by your state DNR. Licenses, laws, etc. Maybe you are on a large chunk of private land and see no need to worry about your state government. In any case, you may benefit from taking the Minnesota Online Trapper Course or attending one IN PERSON.

Good luck

#2391282 - 01/09/13 11:57 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: erict]
Centurion Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: New York
About ten or fifteen years ago a local was arrested for poisoning fox to sell the furs. I never heard what it was he used, but after seeing this thread, I'm thinking this might have been it.

#2391303 - 01/10/13 12:08 AM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
ColoradoAlan Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Colorado
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get educated before you create a multitude of problems for yourself and every other trapper out there.

All the methods above, footholds, snares, bodygrippers, and m44's have their place in taking coyotes for fur or adc reasons. However, not knowing your situation (other than you are looking for a magic bullet) it would be hard for anyone here to help you.

First, I would suggest getting education from reputable sources. This should start with knowing the laws in your state and about practices considered ethical in your area regarding trapping. For example, a bodygripper used in the wrong situation will have serious repercussions for you and others around you.

So, you are struggling with getting a coyote to come within rifle range. To trap a coyote you have to get them to step on an area the size of a soup can. To snare a coyote you have to get them to walk through a loop that is ten inches across.

Finally, if you don't think you can walk up and dispatch an animal, please seriously consider whether or not you are ready to attempt trapping.

#2391543 - 01/10/13 08:51 AM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

I thanks any of you to help with actual usefull information.

I havent tried trapping and I came here for some information, I am sorry I made that mistake.

I havent set a single trap for coyotes and I am being treated like I am setting traps in the local dog park.

I assumed I could get more first hand information from all of you combined. I guess the Minnesota trapper regulations is where I should have gone first.

Edited by Rock Knocker (01/10/13 08:57 AM)

#2393514 - 01/11/13 07:27 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
jrcampbell Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: butler co., pennsylvania
the problem here is that most of us that trap love our pastime and don't want to see what we do ruined by others who have no respect for learning proper procedures, the animals themselves, other peoples and their pets, etc. Trapping is on the s#$t list of animal rights wackos and in some states we are on the verge of losing our trapping priveledges(sp). That's why the harsh comments on what was an ill thought out question when it's painfully obvious you did not read any regulations prior to asking it.

#2393652 - 01/11/13 09:11 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
rio Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Montana
Don't get scared off. Trapping can be fun but there are a ton of laws and ethic's to learn. We enjoy the challenge. Just as someone else said we are trying to get an animal to stand on a 2 or 3 inch pan in huge country. Killing isn't what we are doing it for.
Once you try it you will understand why all the people here are passionate about it.

#2393934 - 01/11/13 11:52 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
Centurion Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: New York
Trapping will hook you faster than hunting. Learning to do it right takes time, but it's worth the time.

#2394736 - 01/12/13 07:12 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
jbmaster Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Bradford, Pa.
This site hasn't changed much.No wonder I stayed away so long.Logging off,see ya in a year or so.

#2394742 - 01/12/13 07:15 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
Tim7581 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Indiana
Don't forget to write!

Tim

www.kandtjagds.webstarts.com

#2395768 - 01/13/13 04:39 PM Re: Deadly traps [Re: Rock Knocker]
Rock Knocker Offline
Die Hard Member III

When I hunt, killing the animal ethicaly and as fast as possible is my top priority.

I am just trying to keep that as a top priority over, say, quality or amount of fur.

I aspecially dont want to hurt anyone or their animals but I am very confident of the safety of the area I will be trying.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.