Mounting a 50mm scope on a Tikka T3

Scalloper

I bought a Tikka T3. I just received a new scope its a 4X16X50mm Mueller but it hits the barrle with the factory rings. Do any of you know which set of rings I need? Thanks

Quote:I bought a Tikka T3. I just received a new scope its a 4X16X50mm Mueller but it hits the barrle with the factory rings. Do any of you know which set of rings I need? Thank....You might consider calling Mueller Customer Service and asking them...

I had a similar situation with my Burris 30mm 8-32x and my Remington 700...Burris CS gave me the number of the exact rings I needed for optimum clearance and function with the rifle/scope combination...

Stack some pennies on the top of tour receiver until you get the needed height measure the stack and you have the height you need.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:I bought a Tikka T3. I just received a new scope its a 4X16X50mm Mueller but it hits the barrle with the factory rings. Do any of you know which set of rings I need? Thank....You might consider calling Mueller Customer Service and asking them...

I had a similar situation with my Burris 30mm 8-32x and my Remington 700...Burris CS gave me the number of the exact rings I needed for optimum clearance and function with the rifle/scope combination...
I should have taken your advice.
Iwas in Portland yesterday (4hr drive) so I went into Cabelas and bought high rings. The salsman said they will fit a Tikka. Well the Tikka doen not take standard rings so here I am. I am about ready to scrap this junk and go buy a american made rifle.

I was at Cabelas yesterday too. Of course almost all of the 223 ammo was cleaned out. I asked one of the employees there if the had any 223 hunting ammo and he handed me a box of FMJ and told me it would work just fine. Probably the same dub you talked to. I don't suppose you tried LL Bean on the way through? They sell quite a few European guns there.

Funny thing I have never been to LL Bean.
I also ask the salsman if Cabelas was still going to be selling AR's and told him what I had read on here he said he has not herd anything about them no longer selling AR's. Like about everywhere else they had no AR's and no .223 ammo. I could be wrong but I think FMJ is not allowed in Maine for hunting.

After more reading I find that the Tikka requires Optiloc rings made for the Tikka rifles. Great I am less then impressed with the Tikka rifles at this point.

I have a Tikka T3 lite and have weaver 2 piece base and Med warne rings with a 40mm, but I know I could stick a 50mm on it. Nothing wrong with a Tikka just dont use their dove tail

Originally Posted By: ScalloperI should have taken your advice.
Iwas in Portland yesterday (4hr drive) so I went into Cabelas and bought high rings. The salsman said they will fit a Tikka. Well the Tikka doen not take standard rings so here I am. I am about ready to scrap this junk and go buy a american made rifle.

It's your rifle and you don't know what bases/rings fit, but it's the salesman's fault?....Typical. You do know you don't have to use Tikka's dovetail system, as their rifles are also drilled and tapped for "regular" bases, right?

Get some Talleys.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: ScalloperFunny thing I have never been to LL Bean.
I also ask the salsman if Cabelas was still going to be selling AR's and told him what I had read on here he said he has not herd anything about them no longer selling AR's. Like about everywhere else they had no AR's and no .223 ammo. I could be wrong but I think FMJ is not allowed in Maine for hunting.
I don't know about the legality, but I didn't buy any.

Had the same issue with mine then I figured out its drilled and tapped for weaver style mounts...#61 if I remember right.... Those and a set of tall rings and you'll be good!

What Buster said, Tikka's are drilled and tapped for standard bases. I bought a set of Leupold bases and rings and they fit just fine on my Tikka T3 in 7mm-08.

Back