10 mm load results.

exterminator

well here are the results for my first ever hand loaded rounds,they were shot at 10 yards with a glock 29 with blue dot powder,this just made shooting a whole lot more fun,i dont know why i spent all that money on store bought ammo. [img:center]http://[/img]
10mmresults003_zpsce1d5fa4.jpg
but i do have a question on why these strikes on the primer look so rough is it a overpressure sign.its on the next to the highest load i loaded at 11.1gr [img:center]
10mmresults012_zps743c7c05.jpg
http://[/img]

Several things can be determined from the photos:

1 - Yup, its a Glock. Look at firing pin strike.

2 - Its Starline brass, except for one.

3 - Sure hope you took the pizza out of the box first.
lol.gif
lol.gif

You don't say what bullet weight but if it's 180gr you need to back down to 10.5grs of bluedot, case on the right is showing high pressure signs.

I've been loading 10MM's for a long time and use longshot as my goto powder. bluedot is great for noise and muzzle flash.

Glocks have a chisel type firing pin and will leave a distinctive mark...Your primers may be a little soft, or your powder charge may be a little hot...

I would back off the powder charge a little and check them again...

You might want to work on your powder charges a little anyway...Unless you are really new to handgun shooting, at ten yards those shots should be in much tighter groups...

If I can help with some tips, feel free to send me a PM...Starting A-Z might be a little long for the open forum..

in the picture the one on the right is is a factory loaded hornady 180xtp i fired to compare to my loads and thought the primer looked pretty rough were the firing pin struck and was wondering why mine didn't look that bad.with the 3 round groups i accidentally shot the 11.5gr load at the one marked 11.1gr on the target but the group did tighten up some so i was going to load in .2 gr increments instead of .5gr and see if it tighten any ..and im using cci300 primers.

The factory ammo looks hotter. I put more stock in case
bulge, than I do in primer signs. Both Starline and Hornady
brass are quality cases. Also a chronograph would contribute
to the analysis, too. If you see excessive case bulge, you
are stressing the cases and the pistol. For my Glock 20,
with the factory barrel, I get about 1275-1300 fps with a
180 gr. XTP, over a max. listed charge of Longshot. With
my KKM extended barrel, I get an average of 1350 fps. One
might be able to squeeze another 50-75 fps out of these
loads, but the risk of case failure increases dramatically.
I really don't want to experience the infamous Glock KaBoom.
Not sure about the 155 gr. XTP, as I only load them for my
40 S&W, but for the 180 gr. XTP, when the factory barrel
and my handloads measure 1300 fps, that is about the last
point where my Starline cases show just slight case bulge.

Squeeze

the 155gr bullets were free with the loader so i got 500 of these things and no 40.cal,i usually shoot 180gr,i have not noticed any case bulge yet so i think im good there and i have to say that the first to loads at 10.2gn and 10.7gn felt pretty weak so i loaded a couple 11.5 gr and 11.8gn to try tomorrow.

Alliant's reloader data for 10mm/155gr GDHP is 12.0 gr. of
Blue Dot. So far you are under the published max. for that
weight of bullet, and you are working up.

I have tested both Blue Dot, and Longshot, for 180 gr. and
200 gr. XTPs, and I saw little difference at max. loads, in
velocity. Maybe 10 fps more on average for Longshot.
As was stated, Blue Dot has more muzzle flash, and it was a
bit dirtier than Longshot. I now load Longshot for 10mm Auto.
YMMV

Squeeze

exterminator,,,Quote:the 155gr bullets were free with the loader so i got 500 of these things and no 40.cal....Just FYI....40 s&w is just a short 10mm...similar to the difference in the .380 and the 9mm...\

You can shoot 155gr and 180gr in either with the proper powder adjustments...I've even loaded some 135gr HPs in a 10mm for some really fast self defense loads...

Back