Open Thank You to Skinney

RB9

Eight or ten months ago I sent member Skinney a PM asking for advice on suppressors. He was kind enough to respond and answer many, many questions. I found him to have a wealth of knowledge and experience concerning suppressors. Yesterday I took possession of my new cans.........WOW!!! They're great!!!! Skinney, you saved me from making a poor choice and helped me make a much smarter choice. Thank you sir, very much.
Respectfully , RB9

Oh yeah, I went with TBAC. A 30p-1 and a 22l-1. Awesome.......Wish I'd done it years ago. Thanks again Skinney.

Originally Posted By: RB9Eight or ten months ago I sent member Skinney a PM asking for advice on suppressors. He was kind enough to respond and answer many, many questions. I found him to have a wealth of knowledge and experience concerning suppressors. Yesterday I took possession of my new cans.........WOW!!! They're great!!!! Skinney, you saved me from making a poor choice and helped me make a much smarter choice. Thank you sir, very much.
Respectfully , RB9

Oh yeah, I went with TBAC. A 30p-1 and a 22l-1. Awesome.......Wish I'd done it years ago. Thanks again Skinney.

Awesome RB9,
Glad I could of been some assistance! I appreciate the shout out!
Keep us posted on how she's working for ya!

I have decided to get a can also. I have been researching them for a few weeks now. I also PM'ed Skinney and he was quick to respond.

I have read about the .224 V.A.P.R he sells along with a few other makers But I am as confused as ever on what I want to get. Some of the reason is the because the names are difficult for me to remember. To many numbers and dashes. It's probably because it is all new to me. I had to write down in a note book the names and features just so I could remember what I had already read about. I don't want to hijack this thread so I will start another thread with some of the questions I have.

Is the suppressor as quite as you expected or not as quite? Just curious. I know it isn't going to sound like they do in the movies but I am hoping I don't buy one for $1200 and I'm let down by the sound reduction.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 12Ring
Is the suppressor as quite as you expected or not as quite? Just curious. I know it isn't going to sound like they do in the movies but I am hoping I don't buy one for $1200 and I'm let down by the sound reduction.

It's not all about sound reduction... Many claim the quietest, but you really have to consider the following...
How many rounds are down the suppressor.
Different platforms on the suppressor.
Different loads through the suppressor.
Different terrain and atmosphere while using the suppressor.
The above, and MANY more variables all play a big part of how a can sounds to the user...
I've personally had a company come out and demo their line of cans, and the guy only used his "demo" can that had thousands of rounds down it (to do the initial testing), because it metered quieter... Once I asked to meter a new one, it continuously peg'd out the sound meter...
I'm not trying to make it harder than it should be, just trying to give ya a few different angles to take, before the purchase.

Originally Posted By: doggdownHe is a great guy. James knows his stuff
Walked me threw the whole process
Great!
What did you end up gearing up with?

Back