Savage model 25 walking varminter

Bryan8

Has anyone shot or owns a savage model 25 walking varminter? I went to cabelas the other day hoping to come home with one in .17Hornet but they didnt have any in stock. My gun store can order one for me, but I like to feel a rifle before I buy it.

Im a savage guy, so im sure accuracy will be top notch if its anything like my other rifles.

Looking for a fox and close range(>200) yote gun. Wanted a .17 cal for a while and a .22 hornet so I figured id kill two birds with one stone

Bryan

Dicks has one on the shelf in my area. I checked it out but I thought it was still heavy but still lighter than my remington sps varmint.

Sorry about that, I thought the AH and the .17 hornet were the same.

What is the differnce betweem .17 Hornet and .17 Ackly Hornet?

Bryan

iv been looking for one iv been to 2 DSG and 5 smaller shops no ones even had one the shop I stopped in last night said he put an order in months ago and hasn't seen anything yet

Originally Posted By: Bryan8Sorry about that, I thought the AH and the .17 hornet were the same.

What is the differnce betweem .17 Hornet and .17 Ackly Hornet?

Bryan

The .17 Ackley Hornet was , is, and forever will be, a wildcat with no standards. There will never be factory ammunition available for it.

The 17 Hornet is an excepted factory cartridge with standards in place, and ammunition on the gun store shelves (that will fit in your rifle).

They are ballistically similar, but unlike the 17 Fireball/Mach-IV (which are 99.99% interchangeable)... neither of the hornets will fit in the other's chamber.

Back