Dream job..predator hunting

EasternYotes

this is kind of an introduction, just stumbled upon this website. been trappin and killin yotes for about 5 years now. But back to the subject, we all have those "dream jobs" that seem impossible. My question is would it be possible to hunt predators for a living? say government hunter? if so, where would you have to be located? any input will help.

I heard here in Utah after the bounty funds are gone they were thinking about contracting people out to hunt them. So maybe here in Utah. I think that'd be the best job a guy could ask for lol.

I make my living off of coyote hunting. Let me tell you, it's not easy! Government Hunter is an option. I don't believe it pays very well, but if it's something that you love, you overlook the income part.

Good luck.

Tony

When you check out Tony's website go ahead and buy some of his calls along with his DVD. They're awesome!!!! His calls are easy to use with little effort, look great, sound amazing, loud, and they won't freeze or stick. His DVD is one of the best DVDs I've ever bought. Very educational yet still full of action. I've been huntin critters for over 20 years and still learned new tricks. I can't wait for his next one.

I got a gig this winter doing ADC work on a deer yard for the state. Allot on monitoring of deer/coyote activity as well as calling and hunting over bait. It started in Dec and goes threw may. It does not pay much but its the first time I have been paid for hunting.

There are government hunting jobs out there, can you walk in deep snow all day? You can be on call 24/7 and be in another state in hours. Or you can sit on your butt and do nothing while catching poachers.

Lots of helo hunting for them in this area and yes everybody wants the job and some work for nothing just to do it.

I have a friend who works for the department of agriculture and he hunt's and traps problem animals. He's a full time state employee plus they give him his own work truck which is nice new chevy and a 4x4 ATV.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeCheck my website: www.PredatorUniversity.com and you'll see that all I do is guide hunters, instruct hunters, and run an online store for my own line of calls and products. That's my full time job and the only income I make.

Tony

I can only imagine the amount of time and work you put into this... keep on keepin on!

Like stated above, there are Govt hunter jobs but it is harder than getting a Game Warden job in Texas. The list of applicants is LONG but it can be done. Also like stated, they are usually more junior GS grades so the pay is not all that hot and the hours are rough. I have known a couple of guys over the years who had them and they usually moved on to other positions.

If your prepared to get up every morning and be in the field by 4:00AM, on call 24/7, trap, fly, shoot whenever you can; be hated by every anti in existance, deal with powerful(say politics), angry, ranchers almost weekly? The pay(in my opinion) SUCKS for what you do. Then your the man for the job!! Got to love what you do. I've known a few that burn out in a couple of years and some that are still going strong. Oh yeah, you get to go after EVERYTHING that flys, crawls, runs or chews.

I'm not sure how it works in Tenn. But I own a pest control company here in MT. One of the options for the state pest control licence is "Predator Control" a little reading and a simple test(at least I thought it was pretty simple, not all agree) plus $75 and your a state predator controller. A little advertizing, especially around calving season, good customer service, being good at what you do, and you'll be making some money. I haven't renewed my predator certification for a few years since our "controllable" predator numbers are pretty low. But in areas that are really thick with yotes, cats, etc. a guy can make a little money at it. I litterally wouldn't quit my day job for it, but a guy can still make a few bucks doing what we'd be doing anyway. I did it for a while to suppliment my slow winter season (beats the crap out of winter construction) Be warned, turning it into a job does take some of the fun out of it... but not much.

i just married a chick that has more land than i know what to do with.lol. i hunt when i want and where i want. dont get paid in anything but self gratification.

now, if i could hunt for a living, believe me i would!!!!

well thanks for all the replies! gives me an idea of what im lookin at here. and ill go ahead and order a couple calls Tony, to try out.

Back