Primo's 350 yard light

Paul-e

I got the Primo 350 yd light, used it until it was completely drained. Put it on the charger for 10 -12 hours (suggested charge time 18 -24 hours) I tried it, worked fine. I put it back on the charger for another 6 hours. Now, Nothing! Bulb looks fine, wires are all secure, internals on the switch look good. Has anyone had this problem with this light?

I had the same problem. Ive sent mine back and they sent me a brand new one and had the same problem with it. The problem is the charger, I tested it and it just stopped working for some reason. now the warranty is out. i guess this is a very common problem. I just bought an olight m3x triton. Its much brighter, lighter, and runs longer.

Originally Posted By: predatorhunter223I had the same problem. Ive sent mine back and they sent me a brand new one and had the same problem with it. The problem is the charger, I tested it and it just stopped working for some reason. now the warranty is out. i guess this is a very common problem. I just bought an olight m3x triton. Its much brighter, lighter, and runs longer.

The Olight M3-X with the white XM-L Led has as super strong tight throw out beyond 350 meters, be sure to get the ground glass green filter with it too for shooting out to 250 yards while mounted on your rifle.

Olight%20M3X%20White.jpg

Olight%20M3X%20Green%20Filter.jpg

556%20LED%20Top.jpg

Last edited:
The Primos charger really isn't a charger, just a wall adapter that thinks it's a charger. It will smoke your battery if left on too long, and I've got several hanging around here that were jettisoned after I modified stuff for some of the guys here and other forums. I'm sending you a pm.

John

Optronics makes the Primos 350 and I bought mine before Promos contracted with them. It is a good light,the thing to do is Go to Batteries Plus and get a 6/12v. Gell Cell Batterie also get one of their Chargers. Takes 4hrs to charge and wont burn it out,because it just trickles a charge when full. This is my backup light for when the XLC250 dies. Im still using the same batterie I bought 4 years ago. Mine 12v.

Last edited:
If you want an excellent charger, get a Battery Minder. You can keep it hooked up to your battery/s all the time and it will not burn them out. It will also desulfate your batteries as well (Uses a high frequency pulse, which takes the crystals formed on the plates from discharge and turns them back into gel, in laymans terms). I don't believe they have a 6 volt charger, but you can put two 6 volt batteries in series, in effect making a 12 volt battery, and charge them that way. Has never failed me. Go to their web site: www.batteryminder.com

I have NO financial interest in this outfit, I have been recommending them for sealed lead acid and other batteries for years on my web site.

John

Last edited:
Get rid of that light, LEDs are the way to go. You're using expensive heavy cumbersome old outdated inferior.................................................................lights. I may have left out a few adjectives. Lots of info here and many better options than what you're using.

Last edited:
You should check out Elusive Wildlife Technologies Lights.

Here is a video of a night hunt last week in Indiana. I have several night hunts on my Youtube channel using these lights as well for you to check out.

Back