6.5 Creedmoor Shooters / reloaders 140 gr load? ?

gumboot458

I have the 26" barrel on my Ruger 6.5 Cm. I haven't been able to beat 2700 fps with the 140 gr Hornady. Been trying H4350.
Anyone willing to share their load/ rifle data for the 6.5 Cm. ?
So far my rifle is wanting to shoot 1/2" @100 a lot more consistantly than I can.

Seems like some guys are getting 2800+ from their 6.5Cm s , is it just barrel length? I want to get the 28" barrel VT model but couldn't find one and I was too hot to wait.

41 gr H4350 with the 140 standard large rifle primer. I'm getting 2680 fps at 18' the primers are beginning to flatten a little. At 40gr they were still round. I don't want to go above SAAMI. Pressure as the pressure increases in the cold due to the barrel contracting .
The only data I have is from the Hogdon site. I don't have any 100v powder to try. That powder seems like it gives 50 fps increase or so.

You are even below hornadys 41.5 charge weight and it is on the light side also, you loading to factory oal? most people are getting to 42.5 and some times higher depending on how slow the lot of powder they are running is.

OK. I couldn't find any Hornady data. I live kind of remote. I have been using the Hogdon reloading data web site only. I'll give it another grain, see how that does. Aparantly Rl17 is quite fast in the Creed. But I have no idea what it would do in the cold.
Thanks.

OK. Thanks. So it looks like I should be able to beat 2700 fps with no problem. The 130 gr Sirrocco looks like it should be a good all around hunting bullet.

OK. Thanks. So it looks like I should be able to beat 2700 fps with no problem. The 130 gr Sirrocco looks like it should be a good all around hunting bullet.

Back