Persistent Bobcat, Beyond Persistent...

woodguru

I was talking to my neighbor today and he showed me a picture of a bobcat he shot yesterday. His wife called him and told him a bobcat had attacked a chicken and wouldn't leave when she got the chicken, it was growling at her while she was holding it. He told her to go get the shotgun and shoot it. Apparently she missed. It came back so she called the neighbor who came over and shot at it and missed.

The chicken was too bad off so the neighbor killed it for her. Jaime told her to put the chicken out where the bobcat could get it. The neighbor shot at it two more times for a total of four times between the two of them. Jaime got home and called with a rabbit distress call and that bobcat came cooking in. He got it and has a pic of it on his phone.

He said it was an old beat up male bobcat with broken up looking discolored teeth.

We have friends who have had a lot of chickens killed by these things, if they get in a chicken house they tend to kill a lot of if not all of the chickens.

I was free passing bobcats here but I think I'm going to change my policy. We are getting geese this spring and they will undoubtedly like to have goose on their menu if they get a chance.

got a friend who has lost several ducks and geese, I told him Bobcats or Owls, went over and made a few stands in his back 40 got two females, all good for a few months, he lost another goose time to go back.

Back