Predator Hunting Around Bend, Oregon

REM700

As a newcomer to the Bend, Oregon, area, I'd like to explore predator calling/ hunting opportunities. Hunting areas is my main concern right now. BLM lands??? National forests???

Hey there REM700-
I used to live in Madras (to your north). Go to the Grasslands office in Madras (just off of Adams Drive). They will have maps and info. for you. Also try Ochoco Nat. Forest office in Prineville. There is TONS of land to hunt around you. Most all of the farmers/ranchers will be happy to have you shooting coyotes off of there property also.

Good luck!
Muss

Originally posted by REM700:
As a newcomer to the Bend, Oregon, area, I'd like to explore predator calling/ hunting opportunities. Hunting areas is my main concern right now. BLM lands??? National forests???

try fort rock area, south of Bend. I have had some great days in that area.

------------------

Rem700,

I have been calling in the Bend area for about a year now. I too have had luck in the Fort Rock area, but you don't have to go that far and the roads are closed there after December 1st. I would suggest hunting anywhere you can find a place legal. There is coyote scat in my front yard and I live in SE Bend. Basically if you drive East until you leave town you will find prime coyote grounds. There is a lot of private land until you get about to Millican on Hwy 20 but the area out there just rocks. A ton of BLM land that is desert wilderness. Good luck!
smile.gif

Thanks to Muss, Coyote 11, & SpinnerShark for replies. Nice to know there are/have been other hunters in the area. Your suggestions have helped.

mildot
looks like we are neighbors. what and where do you hunt?
I spend my spare time in eastern wa.been out once this fall.

jim

Hey REM700 I am in the Bend area and am big into hunting, in fact I am going coyote hunting in the morning. I got a new electronic call and going to give it a whirl. I do a lot of sage rat hunting in the summer so I thought this might be a good winter hunt. Have you had any luck yet here in Bend ?

Back