Southern Idaho Coyote Hunters

Jbsharp

Just checking in and seeing who in the Magic Valley hunt coyotes. Maybe a quick get together would help us all get aquainted.

Spent the day on the 17th hunting. Started in the South Hills ended up north of Eden. Saw lots of deer but only 1 coyote. Met other hunters who were doing the same route, guess it was just a busy day for all.

Spent 12/16 out calling coyotes. My hunting buddy and I enjoyed the first snow of the season and had great success. Heard and saw lots of coyotes and did lots of shooting. This area is great for Coyotes.

jb: Check in with the Idaho Varmint Hunters Association. They have occassional meetings' fun hunts and competitions. Good bunch of guys. Tell 'em I sent ya.

Hi,
I'm a member of the Idaho Varmint Hunters. We have meetings every second Tues. of each month. We'd be glad to have you join us. We're just a bunch of varmint hunters that like to get together for hunts and talk. Maybe you could help us out a little, we're kind of interested in putting on a hunt/contest in your area but have no contacts over that way. If you're interested p m me and I'll give you some contact numbers. And Tim, thanks for the recommend!
Bob

New to the forum and little computer illiterate! But know how to run the trigger on my ar just fine the cold weather (snow) finally got the dogs moving 4 Saturday! Around the south hills area hanging around dairys just wanted see how everybody else was fairing?

Tried up Indian Springs, called in 4 on 3 differents sets. Not a bad day. But have been working the desert north of Jerome. Lots of dogs in that area. Especially near the dairies.

Parma is a ways from here. I used to work For the Canyon County Sheriff. There are a few of us in the magic valley. I meet other hunters all the time. But only a few of us use the internet. We would love to have a hunt scheduled in this area.

I had a good evening hunt north of Eden last night only 2 dogs but had opportunity for two more we won't talk about that though a few calves are starting to drop find cows been finding dogs close

Jbsharp,
We have members all over the Treasure Valley. Our monthly meetings are in Meridian, the next one is Jan. 8th. We are interested in putting on some coyote hunts in your area and other areas of the state. If you could come to our meeting we'd like to discuss it with you. We need contacts in your area, a place to hold the hunt/contest, maybe some area sponsors. We are willing to work with you and other hunters in your area.If you can't come to the meeting, then would you contact Gary Mathews? He's our sec.treas. and one of the club founders. I've talked to him and our club Pres. Loren and they're very interested in discussing this with you. I'll send you a p m with Gary's contact info. We'd very much like to get this set up.
Bob

Went out 12/30 north of Jerome. My first set all that came in were crows. Second stand produced 2. They hung up out about 300 yrds and would only howl to me. It was turning dark and I couldn't get a got sight picture in my scope with the dark and snow. So I let them slip away and I walked out. It was a fun evening to say the least.

Last edited:
The Idaho Varmint Hunters are having our Idaho Coyote Classic tournament the 10th, 11th & 12th of Jan. If you're interested in entering, the registration will be at 7:00 p.m. on the 10th at the Great Wall Chinese Restaraunt in Meridian. Everyone is welcome.
Bob

Originally Posted By: JbsharpWent out 12/30 north of Jerome. My first set all that came in were crows. In fact one tried to steal my call, had no make him think twice but my 17.. just made him dead. Second stand produced 2. They hung up out about 300 yrds and would only howl to me. It was turning dark and I couldn't get a got sight picture in my scope with the dark and snow. So I let them slip away and I walked out. It was a fun evening to say the least.

Ahem. Be careful. Copied from Idaho Fish and Game upland bird regs.

Capture_zpsa53dca4f.jpg

I've only been out a few times this winter with no luck. I need to get out and try some new territory, but I'm always wondering if the "new" places I try are places that are already pressured by other hunters. Seems pretty tough to find a few acres that haven't been called pretty regularly already.

new to this forum. from twin falls idaho and love the challenge of calling in yotes. been hard at it for about five years. had a great day today, took my two kids out yote hunting with me for the sportsmans warehouse contest. no luck where we went, but let my daughter call and had a blast. she is pumped to start hunters ed monday, so after may she can be my partner for the contests. todays contest winners had 8 dogs with big dog weighing in at 30.1 lbs, 2nd had 8 dogs with big dog weighing in at 29.6 lbs, 3rd had seven dogs. next was a few with two. Fun day and ready for the next chance to get out and call, try to make the fur hit the ground!

Mgmurri welcome I'm from twin as well hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have I didn't make the contest stuck working would been good day for it

Back